• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Core 2 Quad 9450

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
2FA
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
11,815
Quick question on this.....my friend has a dell xps he want to get rid of, and I said I may be interested in buying the CPU/HDD/RAM off of it so i can make a on the cheap good lan rig.....Was wondering about what it is a fair price to offer for a Q9450, looked at fleebay and all of them were north of $200, which to me doesnt seem right.....so any ideas?
 
I picked up my q9450 used off our FS/FT forums on ~Nov 2008 for $170.

You can get a new q9550 at Microcenter for ~$170 now and new i5/i7/x4 procs are all south of $200.

I would think maybe $135-145 might be a reasonable price? Maybe that is even high, also would depend how long he has had it and if it has been OC'ed/properly cooled.
 
never any OC, always been in a room at 71C, so pretty much prestine condition........lol

He had said $100, i figured that may be a bit low(a friend so i dont really want to low ball him), ill probably just take him up on that though
 
anyone know of a good board that will OC pretty well? I know from some reviews I could find that It can hit ~3.2 GHz easy.....(I have decided ill buy it off of him)

since I am thinking of making a LAN rig out of it, i'm thinking a mATX mobo would be a good idea. Are there any good ones that would support SLI'd 9800GTX(ive got one of em now, when I replace it in my main rig i may just add another at the same time).....pretty much open to anything at this point, nothing new is being released, so ive got all the time to find a good price on something(no brand preference)

any help would be greatly appriciated
 
Well, ill be buying it from him for probably $130....will be getting a never OC'd 9450(runs at 35C idle, with whatever aluminum dell cooler is on it), 4 GB of no name memory(will just swap it into one of my backup machines I think and have the OCZ platinum's in there for the lan rig), plus a 320GB HDD.....seems like a decent deal to me
 
I have a pair of DFI P45 Jr. T2RS's, both full retail for sale, if you're still looking for a good OC'ing board for a LAN rig. It's P45 though, so Crossfire capable (was running a pair of 5850's) but not SLI. I don't know of a single mATX SLI capable board, to be honest.
 
hmm, ill have to look at just doing a bit bigger of a build....dont plan on building for over a month(out of country), but my friend is just offering too good of a price to not jump on it now lol, worst case I end up helping a friend get sub's for his car and i dont use it lol
 
and pushed it to 4.2 :p i wont go that far, but well see how it goes, have to wait a few days(till I order my tablet and see what ive got left over in spending cash) to buy it off of him
 
Just got the chip. Id on it is:

SLAWR MALAY
L822A863

I dont know anything about intel batch numbers. Is that a good one? So far ive only paid $75 for it. Will be doing $25 more. So in the end i am paying $100.

Wondering what oc ill get
 
Back
Top