Core 2 Mac Minis

Orayn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
243
Who else will be seriously tempted to get one? I already have a Core 2 machine, but for encoding, using the wonderful, wonderful OS that is OS X, and general Maccish fun, I want a Core 2 Mac Mini. Once they're out, that is. Should only be a few months, though.
 
I'd buy one of these immediately if they came out. I hope it's sooner than later, but something tells me they are going to stall on putting the core2 in the mac mini.
 
can you just drop a Core 2 into the current Core Duo mac mini's - since the cpu isnt soldered in on these i dont beleive.

And if they are the more reason why i hate apple, talk about giving you no upgrade path.. "sorry, we want you to buy a WHOLE other mini just to get a new cpu HA HA HA"
 
MrGuvernment said:
can you just drop a Core 2 into the current Core Duo mac mini's - since the cpu isnt soldered in on these i dont beleive.

And if they are the more reason why i hate apple, talk about giving you no upgrade path.. "sorry, we want you to buy a WHOLE other mini just to get a new cpu HA HA HA"

It has been confirmed that you can drop a Merom core into the current intel mac mini's.

The Merom is the mobile version of the core 2 duo.
 
Back
Top