Core 17 updates

I really love the increased communication from Proteneer on just about anything he is working on. It is so nice to actually see progress being made and have someone who cares about the points and hardware as well as the science. I'm so happy to finally be able to buy AMD cards for folding and know that something is happening. This could have happened a year or more ago with the right plan from Standford but at least we're finally getting somewhere.

Would it be wrong to say how many PPD the 7970's makes on 0x17?

Would it be wrong to say how many PPD the 7970's makes on 0x17?
44k PPD at the moment
If they keep the k factor the same after the double speed then 120k PPD according to the bonus point calculator.

Running the cheapest 7970, no OC, I'm getting 37-40k PPD with Win8 and the latest AMD driver.

Double over what Core17 is getting right now. (So beta-17)

These are effing excellent ppd for GPU's. Might switch to team red for next card but 7970 is out of my budget. Anyone with HD7850 ppd numbers out there?

These are effing excellent ppd for GPU's. Might switch to team red for next card but 7970 is out of my budget. Anyone with HD7850 ppd numbers out there?

~15K on stock clocks ;) currently testing 900/1250 and I know ppl have gone higher than that.

With a 7850, you will want to focus on GPU clocks. Don't worry about memory bandwidth, just get the GPU clock as high as possible.

~15K on stock clocks ;) currently testing 900/1250 and I know ppl have gone higher than that.

Hmmm, thats not as impressive. My 650Ti gets 17-19K and my 560Ti gets 24-27K right now. If the final QRB doubles ppd it will be 30K? The R7xxx's are power efficient though so if I can get a 7850 on sale for ~$150 then it might be worth a shot. Thanks for posting your results.

With a 7850, you will want to focus on GPU clocks. Don't worry about memory bandwidth, just get the GPU clock as high as possible.

I didn't expect it to be starved on memory, but though hey getting a round 5 Gbps would be "fun".

Going careful on the GPU clocks, as I am using home made cooling at the moment.

I wonder if he could calculate how many flops the software is able to get out of these GPUs? HD 7970 does 4 trillion operations per second, I think it would be interesting to know how much of that performance is actually getting used.

Looks like the new core 17 is here, I have read report of people getting more than 100k PPD on a single HD7970

Back