Copy win2000 server permissions software?

cak

n00b
I have a new file server and am moving over the files from the old server to the new one. However- I believe most of the work is going to be setting up the permissions on the new file server. Right now we have 400+ user folders and 100 or so department folders that have special permissions.

Does anyone know of software that will copy the permissions on the old server and replicate them on the new one?

Thanks!

I bet you could use your backup software to back up the data, then restore it to a new locate with file permissions.

You could also try robocopy. I think the parameter is /sec to copy the permissions.

Is the new server windows 2003? If so you can use the file migration wizard for Windows Server 2003 for moving file shares using a DFS migration. It will assist you and move your data with minimal worry.

Robocopy would be another option.

Is the new server windows 2003? If so you can use the file migration wizard for Windows Server 2003 for moving file shares using a DFS migration. It will assist you and move your data with minimal worry.

Robocopy would be another option.

Both servers are win2000

Ill take a look at Robocopy...

Back