Copper vs Nickle Plated GPU Block

I have the 480 version, and I love it. Great block choice.

As for your question, I don't think there's any real performance difference. I think it's just purely for looks. The nickel finish not only looks amazing, but unlike the copper blocks which turn to green way too fast for my liking, the finish stays around for a long time. Within 6 months my 5970 copper block had lost all its luster. I had to bring out the ketchup to shine it up. I'm on about 5 months with my nickel blocks for my 480's, and they still look as good as when I bought them.

I have the 480 version, and I love it. Great block choice.

As for your question, I don't think there's any real performance difference. I think it's just purely for looks. The nickel finish not only looks amazing, but unlike the copper blocks which turn to green way too fast for my liking, the finish stays around for a long time. Within 6 months my 5970 copper block had lost all its luster. I had to bring out the ketchup to shine it up. I'm on about 5 months with my nickel blocks for my 480's, and they still look as good as when I bought them.

What size fittings do you have on your Aquagrafx 480 and what temps are you getting. Thanks

if anything there would be a minimal performance increase for the solid copper block, but it'd be small enough not to matter. nickle plated is generally easier to maintain aesthetically.

Back