Coop mods for good FPS games? Post em here!

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
Farcry Coop
LOVED IT, was very fun... but it barely worked. Not playable in the slightest.

Doom3 Coop
Wasnt much fun... but worked great. Very playable.

I havent played any other good coop mods... anyone know of any me and my friend could play?

original half life and system shock 2 are the only others i can think of that had a "mod"
others had it built in by default (serious sam, doom2, ect)

i liked RB6: Rogue Spear coop, there were a ton of custom maps that were great.

Sven-Coop for HL is good

Sven coop for HL was alright, but if you checkout their site they are busy at work with a *much* improved hl2 version

The HL2 version seems like it will never be done... Im waiting, but Im not holding my breath.

well i havent tried it out but swat 4 is a pretty good game and i think it has co-op

Ryan711 said:
what was wrong with the farcry mod?
The machine hosting it runs horribly slow. My machine, which usually plays the game pretty decently (30-40 FPS) plummented to 9 FPS when I played the co-op mode.

Alright this has been done to death, but I guess since this thread is already here I might as well reply. I'd like to preface by saying that some of my most fond LAN memories are playing co-op games with my friends in between Starcraft sessions. That said I'll split the list up into good and bad (of what I can remember):
Good:
-Serious Sam: The Second Encounter --> probably the best co-op experience ever if you like extreme arcade style shooters
-Doom2 --> whole lot of fun, but tricky to setup; theres also a couple spots where you can trigger a bridge before everyones ready and make it so you can't go any further, also blasting your friends in the back with the plasma rifle is hilarious
-Duke Nukem 3d --> as much fun as the game already is, with more people!

Bad:
-Unreal --> boring as all hell in co-op mode
-Daikatana --> even co-op can't save the game
Rainbow 6 --> probably because I don't like the game itself

Also I've heard System Shock 2 has a co-op mode but I've never gotten around to trying it. Hope you can pick a game out of this list and the games above that suits your fancy ;)

One game with good coop that I keep mentioning in these threads is Joint Operations with the Escalation expansion pack. Now, admittedly, the heli physics suck. But, there is a lot of coop to be had with it. (Lots of user-made maps as well.)

sac_tagg said:
The machine hosting it runs horribly slow. My machine, which usually plays the game pretty decently (30-40 FPS) plummented to 9 FPS when I played the co-op mode.
But that would be different with each individual unless there is a centralized machine for it. I was under the impression that the user hosted it. If thats the case then it would be different for each person

The Farcry mod ran smooth as silk on my computer... there are just way too many bugs for it to be playable. Nothing works... too many problems to explain though.

Back