Cooltechnica dishonest? I think I received a used item.

Well, all of my new PC gear came in today. I ordered my new cpu, mobo, and memory from ZZF and the egg.

I also ordered a couple black nylon 1/2'' ID wye connectors and a Univesal Mounting Adapter for the White Water CPU block (for A64).

As always, newegg has been great to me. Everything was shipped very quickly, and is in good shape. The same goes for ZZF, and this was my first time doing business with them. I am pleased with them thus far :).

I was not as satisfied with cooltechnica. I did receive my products in a timely manner (ordered monday night, received today (thursday), however, I did not get what I expected. First of all, I ordered black nylon wye's, and I received white ones. This isn't a big deal, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless.

I was more disappointed when I took a look at the USMA bracket. It looks like it has been previously owned. It has quite a few scratches on it, and even had a little black goop on one part before I wiped it down with alcohol. The product on their website has a nice mirror design with no scratches, and I was expecting that.

I can post some pics if requested.

What do you guys think I should do? Am I being too picky? I intend on emailing them, explaining the situation. I would really appreciate it if they replaced the bracket and wye's, since I am honestly too impressed.

EDIT:

I just emailed cooltechnica, and am waiting for a reply. Does anyone know if these plates have a special finish on them? I have considered just sanding it down with high grit sandpaper to a mirror finish, but I do not want to ruin a finish that prohibits rusting (can stainless steel rust?). I need to lap a heatsink anyway.

Back