• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Personal Impression

  • Thread starter Deleted member 184142
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 184142

Guest
So, I decided to try this TIM out again, I had used before with good results, but the common places I ordered from were always out of stock. Few things to note, the TIM I was using before was the Shin-Etsu MicroSI X23-7783D, it had been cured for over a month with allot of stress testing, The LP was applied directly after the test of the Shin-Etsu without any burn in time, the TIM does not say anything about needing it for best performance and as such I ran the test as soon after so the next test was at the same room temp etc. LP like before is still a pain in the ass to spread, so I plan on taking it off and reapplying it a few times with varying amount of TIM to see what performs best.

Each test was run with IBT, for a total of 10 passes at the "very high" setting (8GB RAM in system). Cooler is a TRUE.

Shin-Etsu:
UVKsI.jpg


Liquid Pro:
eAK3b.jpg
 
Ambients?

Around 20C. Not that it really matters, it was the same in both tests, so the difference in temp is what really matters. It shows a 2-5C drop across the cores. I used a tube and a half of Shin-Etsu to test different amounts of TIM and application methods settling on the one which gave the best temp. So a 2-5C drop I was quite impressed with. When I have time I will be trying it out on my GPU as well.
 
Longer test, maybe?

You checked the ambient temp?

As stated, tests were run side by side to make sure ambient was the same, I have run test much longer than 10 passes, it doesn't affect the results. 10 tests, or 40 tests, max temp is the same. Case airflow is VERY good so there is really no such thing as heat soaking going on. PC is let idle for an hour before hand, to let it reach "normal" temps, which I have noticed is not even really needed and inside case temps are the same as outside the case. With the 3 180mm fans as intake and 1 GT as exhaust even under load the exhaust is cool when your hand is placed in the airflow.

I am out of town right now, when I test on the GPU I will run the test for much longer and see how it effects it, not sure if it will do as well on the GPU as I am betting the HS on the GPU is very limiting.
 
Thanks for sharing. Using the stuff that came with my Noctua NH-D14 and wondering if it's worth trying something else at some point (for fun mostly).
 
Thanks for sharing. Using the stuff that came with my Noctua NH-D14 and wondering if it's worth trying something else at some point (for fun mostly).

I try out TIM's often, pretty cheap and I like seeing any changes. Most TIM's the change is very small, .5C or so, and even that is hard to pin down as some TIM's vary way more than that just by how good it was applied or seated. However this TIM has shown to be far better than .5C, which was better than I was expecting.
 
Back
Top