Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Is it any good? I'm trying to not spend too much on this machine, if needed I can pick up a tube of AS5 for like $15 CDN, will it make that much of a difference?
Hmm well I used the zalman paste that came with the cooler and well my temps used to be 65c idle and now i'm at a 44c idle while being overclocked 400mhz. So I guess the paste isn't that bad
I used the grease that came with my zalman fan for about a month. I then decided to try out some as5 instead. Once it set in, my gpu and cpu temps dropped 2-3c at idle and full load (i have zalmans on both cpu and gpu).
if you are saving money, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the zalman supplied paste. In most situations, you wont notice a difference either way.