Cooling recommendations for NCase M1?

mingqi53

n00b
Hey everyone, my M1 build is up and running, but I definitely want my GPU to run cooler and quieter when I'm gaming (Planetside 2).

Relevant Components:

Here's a look at the internals (warning: not pretty):

1. 4-pin ATX power connector
  2. HD AUDIO header
  3. 4-pin PWM fan connector
  4. SATA cable to SSD
  5. 24-pin mobo power connector
  6. USB 3.0 header

What's the best way I can cool this build without doing a custom loop?

Should I use something like an NZXT Kraken G10 to mount a CLC unit? Or is the Kraken G10 bracket too big for the case?
Are there other equally powerful graphics cards that run quieter than my current one?

Last edited:
1. replace the stock CPU cooler with something decent (I had the Noctua NH-L12 which performed well)
2. no need for short GPU's with an SFX PSU, get a long GPU if you want better cooling (just watch the width !) --> check this list for compatibility
3. try to clear most cables from the bottom, only using the sides of the bottom. You can use zip-ties there.

The NZXT G10 was believed to be too big, or so I think I've read. You only have a few centimeters left from the side of the GPU before you have the side panel.

Another popular air hsf people are using in the M1 is the Noctua C12P SE14.

I appreciate the replies! Are these down-flow style coolers better suited for the M1?

My motherboard looks the most similar to the folks who purchased the ASRock Z87E-ITX boards.. (I have a feeling I'll have to invest in some low profile RAM.. currently using G.Skill Sniper RAM which has a little more heatsink than some other sticks out there.)

If the CPU socket is indeed the same as the Z87E-ITX, you could peak at the Ncase M1 build logs, a few Z87E-ITX's should be in there. This is mine: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040384531&postcount=4

Thanks!

I can't find any schematics or technical data sheets, I'm comparing them by eyeballing:

Z87E <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> H87M
Z87E-ITX(m).jpg
H87M-ITX(m).jpg

The H87M-ITX seems to have it's CPU socket just a smidge more towards the center, so that will probably result in more hardware compatibility. Also no VRM heatsink and CMOS battery to mind, just the RAM and clearance towards the top of the Ncase M1.

Back