• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cooling Questions - Overclocking 2500k

Cbl12886

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
357
I want to overclock my 2500k to around 4ghz. I assume the stock cooler will not cut it. The case I am using is the Thermaltake V3 with four fans. What cooler would you guys recommend around $30? I am hoping to have a front and top intake fan with the exhaust on the back and side panel. Does this sound good? I am also planning to get this fan controller unless you guys recommend something better.

Current Parts List:
Thermaltake V3 Black
Antec NEO ECO 620C
MSI P67A-G43 (B3)
Intel i5-2500k
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Crucial M464GB
MSI GTX 460 Hawk
 
Looks like I should have a top,bottom, front and back fan.

v3_vl8000_airflow.jpg
 
I picked up the Cooler Master 212 Plus. Hopefully it will fit nicely in my case.
 
Back
Top