Cooling Question on a video card

dpoverlord

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
2,074
Greetings,
I have a slight problem I have a visiontek Ti4600 128mg card. This card is still fast I feel but the issue is that the heatsink and fan on the chip are falling off. The fan looks like its ready to die also. I am considering my options.
I was wondering if it were possible to replace the heatsink and fan, and if so how can I get it to stay secure on the video card without falling off when its placed in the case. I am really going to need to buy a new one I believe. I just don't know how this cooling solution stays clamped on. all help is appreciated. Maybe one of you have better options. I really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks a lot
 
It depends...

You could just get one of those zalman heatpipe thingies, or an arctic Colling VGA silencer... or go ghetto and zip-tie a p4 cooler to that mofo...
 
i used a stock barton hsk on my gf4 ti4600 worked great and got another 30mhz out of the gpu with is
 
Sweet that nv silencer 1 seems like its the perfect job. I had the oppurtunity by visiontek to send back the card for a 70$ credit if I want to buy the ati 9600 XT which will cost me 120$ after discount or the 9600SE for 80$. I figure the ti4600 is still a great card and for $30 it might be better just to switch up the heatsink and fan. What do you guys think? THanks a mill for the help.
Meanwhile I also have to get my 2 1800mps some heatsinks and fans looking for a cheap solution to. What ya think on that?
 
Back
Top