Limp Gawd
MB idle - 34c and on a warm day 39c
CPU idle -34c and on a warm day 36c

MB load - 41c on a warm day
CPU load - 39c on a warm day

TD_STD_640w.jpg

MrMaxwell said:
When function truly overtakes form.. :rolleyes:

That isn't designed as an actual regular computer case. It is designed advertised and marketed as a test bench. You know for people who are constantly changing out parts and stuff. It is made to give easy no nonsense access to everything you need.

Erasmus354 said:
That isn't designed as an actual regular computer case. It is designed advertised and marketed as a test bench. You know for people who are constantly changing out parts and stuff. It is made to give easy no nonsense access to everything you need.

I'm well aware that it's a test bench. I'm just amazed that someone would use this on their daily rig.

And I thought cardboard cases were bad.

MrMaxwell said:
I'm well aware that it's a test bench. I'm just amazed that someone would use this on their daily rig.

And I thought cardboard cases were bad.

Why would you be amazed, what the hell makes it better being in a case? Its simple and it works, I just played over two hours of quake4 and my cpu is at 34c and MB 37c and my 7900GTX cards in SLI are at 38c each.

After all it is about cooling, what I need a 200.00 dollar Lian Li ? Been there done that.

They are really sweet. I have played with a few. better than leaving my test stuff just on cardboard boxes and what not. Might pick up another one later on. Good stuff!

decapitator said:
Why would you be amazed, what the hell makes it better being in a case? Its simple and it works, I just played over two hours of quake4 and my cpu is at 34c and MB 37c and my 7900GTX cards in SLI are at 38c each.

After all it is about cooling, what I need a 200.00 dollar Lian Li ? Been there done that.

Because it's ugly. In my work area, sure, but I don't want that on my nice desk in my room.

Some people value aesthetics. Though I guess having an open pc is pleasing to some people.

When I get enough money again and I feel like building a new PC, I'm going to atleast TRY and attempt something like that. And put it near the vent to centrail air so cold air rises up into it hahahaha

MrMaxwell said:
Some people value aesthetics. Though I guess having an open pc is pleasing to some people.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I like the naked look, and much prefer something unique over a lighted windowed case that looks just like everyone elses. Kind of the point of modding, isn't it?

I like it. I love being able to see all the stuff in my case, and what better way to do that then use a test rig. I just wish it had a couple more 120mm fan mounts. :p I bet stuff gets dusty though.

decapitator said:

It's all well and good till your cat gets too close... Mr Mittens is not covered by the warrenty~

I know it may not be for everyone but in my situation it was the perfect solution, the Asus board I use cooks with SLI and the fact that I was always in and out of my case swaping parts as I like trying new cpu coolers and vid cards made this choice a homerun for me.

As for dust I can say for myself anyways its no worst then it was in a case, I have the Thermaltake Eureka VC8000BWA and I can not say enough about this case, it outshined any case I have ever owned and I have owned a few :eek:

I can understand if someone has kids why thay would not go this way or if you keep food and drinks close to your PC but if you want excellent cooling with results as good as or in some cases better then H2O cooling give this a look.

Back