• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooling problem?

m131s04

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
47
I just got my new parts and put together my new case, an antec p182. I also got a q6600 and a zerotherm nirvana to cool it. I have the following fans, all 120mm: 1 exhaust fan in back, 1 intake fan on top, 1 fan on the nirvana, 1 fan mounted to the drive bay blowing inwards, 1 fan blowing on the PSU, a corsair 620w. I am overclocking the q6600, but running at 2700MHz I have already started nearing 70 degrees on full load and was wondering if there was any airflow or cooling problem in my setup. Any feedback is appreciated.
-Matt
 
There's definitely something wrong in there, but I don't know if it's an airflow issue or something else. It would be helpful if you could post some pics of the inside of your case. Also, try reseating your heatsink and make sure you have proper contact between the mating surfaces and TIM.
 
What vcore are you using? What are your ambient temps? Also, are your fans on low, med, high settings?
 
Probably a heat sink issue then. Remount it, and try to use as little thermal paste as possible.
 
Back
Top