Cooling my computer room

zmjone2992

[H]ard|Gawd
I just moved into a new condo, and my bedroom with my computer is obscenely hot. Short of just the usual ac and fans is there any way I can cool off the room without making the rest of the place freezing?

I've always wondered this myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One method I have seen in the countryside where there aren't any air conditioners is to have a bunch of containers of ice water or just freshly cold water sitting around the room. The water is great for capturing excess heat and it was actually cool in a restaurant-farm that I visited to eat fresh chicken soups. Not cold, not hot. And this was in a dry-hot climate that was similar to that of a desert (about 100-105 degrees F).

Either a portable AC unit or a small window unit. Portables tend to be higher in price though but you can put them just about anywherre in the house.
I bought a small LG window unit, 5,000btu, for $88.00 at HomeDepot last year, and it works great.

Agreed with above post, Also, does the sun rise up in teh direction of your room or are you on the opposite side?

Greater the surface area of random objects at your place = less room for "free air conditioned molecules" to cool you down.

Back