• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooling diff of these rads

tehspankeh

n00b
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
44
I was wondering if there is a huge cooling difference between these radiators because of the size difference. In a world where bigger is better I would assume this but since space is limited inside my system, I would like to go smaller on the rad so i can fit it inside.... would there be benefits to the larger ones?

I am looking at the evo120 compared to the evo240 and evo360

http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=43

http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=44

http://snt-systems.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=45

I am looking to overclock my system so cooling is an issue and also i want to be able to expand to cool my vidcard with water as well.... Any information would be great!! :) ty ahead of time :)
 
It really depends how many heat sources your putting on your loop. The more blocks you have the more heat you'll have to get rid of. So, bigger is better in this case. Keep in mind that with regular wc'ing you can only bring temps down to ambient levels. And even that is pretty tough to achieve.

You would see very nice temps if you went with the evo240 and even better with the evo360. Even the evo120 wouldn't be bad for just your cpu but when you bring your vid card into the loop you might be a bit disapointed. Performance would probably be close to high-end air cooling at that point. Of course, this is all assuming that the rest of your parts are up to the task.
 
Sideroxylon said:
It really depends how many heat sources your putting on your loop. The more blocks you have the more heat you'll have to get rid of. So, bigger is better in this case. Keep in mind that with regular wc'ing you can only bring temps down to ambient levels. And even that is pretty tough to achieve.

You would see very nice temps if you went with the evo240 and even better with the evo360. Even the evo120 wouldn't be bad for just your cpu but when you bring your vid card into the loop you might be a bit disapointed. Performance would probably be close to high-end air cooling at that point. Of course, this is all assuming that the rest of your parts are up to the task.


Thanks, that was what I was afraid of...I guess I will be cutting my case to get the job done then :) I was hoping not to have to but I will. I am planning then on mounting an Evo360 on the top and cooling the cpu and vid card... what if I run the vid card through a different rad than the cpu...could one pump handle that?
 
tehspankeh said:
Thanks, that was what I was afraid of...I guess I will be cutting my case to get the job done then :) I was hoping not to have to but I will. I am planning then on mounting an Evo360 on the top and cooling the cpu and vid card... what if I run the vid card through a different rad than the cpu...could one pump handle that?

The evo360 or any 3 X 120mm rad will be very nice. I personally use 2 single 120mm rads for my cpu and nb. It's in kind of a unique configuration. You can see it here in its almost finished state. I initially just had the one rad but added another and was very surprised by how much flow I lost. I still have decent temps (46c/54c) but I think I'm going to change out to the double 120mm rad and take the nb off and put my vid card on the loop. This should, hopefully, give me some more flow back, little bit better temps, and clean up the tubing a bit.

So, for you, you may want to think about the loss of flow when adding another rad as well as the added tubing needed to do that. Also keep in mind that your water temps throughout your loop remain fairly constant. You might have a 1-2c difference of the water coming out of your rad vs. coming out of your block. Placement of extra rads between blocks isn't really beneficial unless you really need that extra heat removal.

So, to sum up :rolleyes:, you should get some kickass performance outta that 360 rad all by itself. Show us some pics when your done.
 
Take a look at this diagram. It shows a comparison between the different radiators in passive mode with a power dissipation of 72.5 watt. As you can see the difference between the 120 and 240/360 is around 2°C while the differnce between 240 and 360 is really small.

The same experiment but this time with fans and some other radiators - take a look. The differnces are bigger now. Especially the 360 with only 90m³ of airflow gives a really nice performance compared to the others.
Only for your information: monster means an interconnection of several radiators.
 
Thanks you guys...that really helps out alot :) I appreciate the input you guys gave me and its helping me get my stuff ready for ordering :D

once im done...pics will be a must :D
 
Back
Top