Cooling and other issues..

Tanky

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a HP Pavillion a810n desktop computer. It came with a ASUS Socket 754 motherboard, an Athlon 64 3300+ (never ever heard of that one, but it runs at 2.4ghz, and has a 256meg cache), 512 megs of ram, and a 160 gig hard drive. Since I got the box, i have added another stick of ram, an BFG 6600GT AGP video card, a wireless network card and upgraded the PSU to an Antec 400w PSU. I use this box for everything, wordprocessing, storage, gaming, and folding. The box runs 24/7 with F@H running as well. I want to upgrade the cooling hardware in the box. Any suggestions?

nice upgrades! i would add an exhaust fan, if you havent already filled the vacant slot or if it came with one installed.

It does have an exhaust fan installed, and the "warranty" lol has expired, so i can do anything that will work on it.

Best way to get some instant cooling to the CPU would be to remove the heatsink that came with your computer, and replace it with a Thermalright XP90 with some artic silver 5 thermal compound and a nice 92mm panasonic panaflo fan. (assuming it will fit)

Other then that, a little wire managment (if possible) to increase air flow. If you have any empty places in your computer for 80mm fans or what not, add a few low power ones.

If you really want to go crazy, im sure some people can help you with installing a blow hole or side fans. I've never done it, so I'm not the person to ask :rolleyes:

Back