I got an Adaptec 5805 for my system and while I am quite pleased with the performance I'm not happy about it beeping from overheating. It has a passive heatsink and I don't have a lot of air flow in the case with my watercooling setup.
It does have a couple small holes near the cpu, has anyone tried mounting say a GPU waterblock to a raid controller before or should I just find some sort of slot cooler? I put a temperature probe on it and it will run upwards of 80c without a fan, at the moment I have a 90mm fan blowing onto the which keeps it down around 35c but it is very loud and not a long term solution.
Any thoughts? I'm trying to keep this as silent as possible and I want the controller card to last for a long time.
It does have a couple small holes near the cpu, has anyone tried mounting say a GPU waterblock to a raid controller before or should I just find some sort of slot cooler? I put a temperature probe on it and it will run upwards of 80c without a fan, at the moment I have a 90mm fan blowing onto the which keeps it down around 35c but it is very loud and not a long term solution.
Any thoughts? I'm trying to keep this as silent as possible and I want the controller card to last for a long time.