Cooling a Q6600 with an Thermalright Ultra 90

Ryck

Limp Gawd
Will this heatsink cool my Proc sufficiently with a Zalman Fan that pushes about 38cfm?

I'm still debating on which chunk of metal to purchase for my new build?

I would recommend getting the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme if you have the cash.

Have any of you actually looked at the cooler or is it just a knee jerk reflex to knock it?
@ Ryck..rather go for the newer ultima 90 which has 2 extra heatpipes.From a recent review by anandtech this little cooler outperforms or matches all of the current cooler on the market except fot its bigger brother the TU 120 Extreme. So if you have the cash and the space in your case...then go for the TU 120 Extreme...if you want a lighter cooler(almost half the weight) which is smaller and cheaper then go for the Ultima 90!

LINK to review

Have any of you actually looked at the cooler or is it just a knee jerk reflex to knock it?

Yes I have, I owened one. I now own a quad and I know that it will not handle the load of a OC'ed quad!
FYI: Might phrase your post in a less combative way in the future. That just asked for a flame war to erupt :(

Ultra 90 should be able to handle your processor stock or at small OCs, but its deffinitly not made for full blown quad core overclocking.

Back