Coolest ssf?

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
does anyone know which ssf can run coolest? (i.e. which 1 has the best air-flow and cooling) i'm not plannin to do any mod on the case, want something reasonably quite, probably get amd xp cos its cheap.

i have to run aopen hq45 with case open all the time cos it doesn't have any air-flow :( (even zalman 7k and h80c can't stand it cos the case gets filled up with hot air). and when i get ssf and want to make sure it can run stable with case shut n no overheatin bs.

i read many reviews on diff ssfs and antec aria seems to be good case but with worst air-flow, abit digidice is ok but not great. according to reviews shuttle ones are the best(?) so i'm thinkin of getting sn45, but please let me know if other ssf can run cooler.

p.s. does intel p4 run cooler than amd xp? i will probably get a intel mobo/case if p4 cpu runs cooler than amd xp (i.e. p4 3g vs xp3000+)

read few more reviews.. soltek ones are bit bigger n i dont really like the design, epox mini pc is average, aopen xc cubes are good but need both space on each sides n i need the ssf on the corner. :( fic ice cube(not da rapper) looks mad but im not sure if its available yet...

so looks like i'll be getting the shuttle one, probably sn45g. (or might go for shuttle intel p4 setup if its runs bit cooler)

sn45g been out for ages, are there any better ones?

I've got an SN45G and it runs pretty cool. I have a 2500+ that hits around 46C under load with my case temps around 40-41C. Other stats are 9600XT, 512 XMS LL PC2700, SB Audigy, 80GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, and an HP burner. Hope this helps you out.

Chaballaman said:
so looks like i'll be getting the shuttle one, probably sn45g. (or might go for shuttle intel p4 setup if its runs bit cooler)

sn45g been out for ages, are there any better ones?
The p4s run hot :p
I think the new V2 SN41G2 would be the best for air flow with the new PSU with better fan. They are all pretty much equivalent though, although there is the argument to be made that the ones with the mesh over the video card side of the case. Most all the shuttles have the same ICE system and the same PSU fan area setup, as well as the intakes being very very similar, but they are VERY good at cooling in a small area.

well, if i overclocked less and undervolted more, i'm sure i could get lower temps...
in the winter i was getting 2.3 ghz at 1.7 volts with 45 load

my res doesn't have ac in the summer ><

I think 35w Mobile Athlon XP2400+ should go perfectly with SN45G.. 2.2ghz (200x11) @ 1.55v hopefully shouldn't overheat..

Back