Coolest Case <$120

LoserXLeet

Limp Gawd
Is there a favorite case for low temps among these boards? I made a post not too long ago about the P180, but after reading various articles, it seems it was built for quiet computing in mind, rather than low temps. What would you guys buy for the lowest temps, sound be damned?

i have the p180 its nice but there are many other cases that will cool better but they look like a riced out civic good luck finding one that looks plain.

Hmmm, with all those places to put 120mm fans I thought the P180 would have excellent cooling.

Well I have a Tt Tsunami and it cools great. 2 x 120mm fans (one front one back) and a 92mm fan on the side. Though I replaced the stock fans with better ones since day 1. I've never even used the fans that came with the case. Plus it's like one of the biggest mid towers you can get. A little bigger and it's a Full Tower.

A Gigabyte case, or a cheap lian li. A CM Stacker is good, but a little overbudget.

Tt Tsunami does cool great. I'm sitting here idling at 30c CPU and 30c System, and it's only this warm because we turned the heat up. A couple days ago when the heat up in my room was broken I was idling at 26c CPU and 24c system. Great airflow, I'm happy.

Basically, I'm always at room temp, unless it's like 0c in here. :p

Man, maybe I'm just misinformed, but how is the ExtremEngine 3T not a common case? I never see anyone post about it or links in reference to it, but it seems so unique, and near the top of the air-cooling mountain.

LoserXLeet said:
Man, maybe I'm just misinformed, but how is the ExtremEngine 3T not a common case? I never see anyone post about it or links in reference to it, but it seems so unique, and near the top of the air-cooling mountain.

exactly, i'm looking into one right now lol :p edit: NOOOO just saw the inside...yuck. I'll stick to my praetorian.

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know if you want a case that is truly amazing for overall system cooling I just put together one of these new cases and it is something else. 3 huge fans 140mm on front 250mm on side and a 120mm xtreme turbine at the back. Keeps my Athlon XP 3000 and my X850XT nice and chilly. Great case for 105.00.

Just wanted to add a bit of info as to how much the improved airflow has helped to cool my X850XT, my previous case was Hp pavilion (thank god it is in the trash) but with my previous Hp case I had to run the x850xt at 100% fan speed during gaming to keep it 65-70C. Now with this aerocool case I keep the fan speed at 18% and I can game for 6 hours straight and never goes over 60C. The case truly does make all the difference. Have a great day if anyone would like to see pics of my case I can post some eventually. Take care

Aerocool certainly seem to be putting out some decent products these days. I can't say I like the styling of that Extreme case, but the features are good. That 25cm fan has ridiculous airflow!

MakubexGB said:
Plus it's like one of the biggest mid towers you can get. A little bigger and it's a Full Tower.
Um, no. The TT Tsunami is a very small case. Identical in dimensions as my Antec SLK3000B, as it is the exact same case, but steel.

That Aerocool cased linked to earlier in this thread looks like a really shitty case... inside looks like any other generic case (0.6mm steel is very thin, even though it's steel), and even though it's got so many large fans, I don't think it would be very quiet. More fans != better.

I couldn't care less what the inside looks like. Top notch cooling, sleek exterior design, sweet price. Thank you, come again.

Hello guys Bob here the noob, actually been viewing these forums forever just signed up today, but more important the Aerocool 3T is nearly silent on the lowest fan settings. I have the 250mm fan on control 1, the 140mm front on 2 and 120mm xtreme turbine exhaust on 3. I run them all at lowest setting and I cannot hear them, all I hear is my thermaltake smartfan and that is barely audible. It truly does offer extreme cooling and there is next no audible noise while doing so. I love this thing, I spent 2 weeks researching cases and bought this one, had it 9 days now and I am certain I made the right choice. Next thing I am getting is a Aerocool ZeroDBA powersupply that just came out 620 watt.

LoserXLeet said:
I couldn't care less what the inside looks like. Top notch cooling, sleek exterior design, sweet price. Thank you, come again.
You've never worked in a shitty case, have you?

Aerocool's "0dBA" 620W PSU isn't really 0dBA and only puts out 30A on the +12V. Weak.

Back