CoolerMaster vs. Antec

[bump]
p.s. I will be using this for a new personal file server I am building w/
2x 74gb WD Raptor 10,000rpm SATA (Raid 1)
8x 320gb WD RE drives (Raid 5)

Sorry for the early bump, but this promotion on the CoolerMaster drive expires tonight :eek:
 
i didnt even know coolermaster made PSU's.. id personally only buy psu's from companies that have a reputation for good PSU's

truepower is better i think
 
$30 rebate on the Coolermaster? I'd say the Coolermaster.

The Coolermaster is just as solid (if not better, actually.) has three 12V rails.. the Antec is capable of a higher combined 12V rail, though. But do you really NEED that? Depends on your specs. But the $20 difference after rebate is enough to make me consider the Coolermaster.
 
Oh Geez... Now I don't know what to do...
:p
I think I'll sit this rebate out for now, until I get some specifics on which PSU is better overall.

Depends on your specs.

well If you must know;)... I am building it piece by piece (as deals come across FatWallet:D), but to give you a rough estimate:
Antec p180 Case
Intel 955x Chipset Mobo (haven't decided which to go w/ yet)
P4 3.2ghz (dunno which one yet)
2gigs of Ram (echo...)
low/mid-range video card (I won't be playing games on this [hence file server])
1 or 2 PCI - Express Raid Controller Cards
2x 74gb WD Raptors 10,000RPM [RAID 1]
8x 320 or 400gb WD RE drives [RAID 5] (The RE drives are specific RAID drives w/ a 5yr warranty :D) (p.s. I will start w/ 4 drives and work up to 8 as the $ becomes available)
2x CD/DVD burners
...
Did I forget anything? Probably...

Thanks for the posts,
Keep me posted on which one of these PSU's will suit my needs
Thanks,
-BassKozz
 
You posted your build and the Coolermaster is more than you need. It's a good quality unit and it costs less after rebate.

And although typically a more capable power supply is recommend because it has better efficiency at lower loads, I believe the Coolermaster still has better efficiency over all, so it doesn't matter that the Antec has a higher overhead.
 
Ok, 1 last question...
Will this fit in the Antec P180 case that I will be using for this server?

or, a better question might be which of these PSU's will fit the case better? (Antec&Antec or CoolerMaster&Antec)

Thanks for your help johnnyGURU, I really appreciate it :)
-BassKozz
 
The physical size of the two are identical. They're both standard ATX power supplies.
 
Back
Top