• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Coolermaster stacker STC-T01 or RC-810?

adrift02

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
467
I was thinking of opting for the 810 because of the dual 120 exaust hole, but I was wondering if having to put my PSU at the bottom would cause any problems for me. I would be getting this case for easy watercooling (hate my current case and I luv the nice easy front radiator install) and it seems either would fit my needs. Any suggestions?
 
adrift02 said:
I was thinking of opting for the 810 because of the dual 120 exaust hole, but I was wondering if having to put my PSU at the bottom would cause any problems for me. I would be getting this case for easy watercooling (hate my current case and I luv the nice easy front radiator install) and it seems either would fit my needs. Any suggestions?

Not sure if you noticed or not, but with the STC-T01, you have 2 slots for power supplies. Top and Bottom. Also if your only going with one psu, this makes even more room for watercooling as you can fit a bigger reservior and easily more radiators. STC-T01 is the way to go IMO. I just picked one up brand new off ebay - shipped - 90 bucks. Great cases, don't get me wrong, the 810 is also spectacular, but the T01 is superb! By far - my fav case from CM right now is the Mystique 632 - but that would NOT fit your needs. Check it out though.
 
I was looking to get the 810 and I'm just curious if this case is super loud with the un-used front drive bays being practically open air. I think I'm getting the side panel with the window so that part of the case will now be closed. The main cause of noise in my current case is the 80mm top mounted fan because it rattles and I noticed this case also went with the 80mm. Just wondering what makes the most noise and what I need to look for when buying fans or modifiying the case for it to not be so loud.
 
I wouldn't even worry about using the top mounted 80 mm fan. If you use both 120 exhausts and 2-3 120's in the front like that case is capable of, then you won't have to worry about 1 80 mm fan not being there.
 
GigantoR said:
I wouldn't even worry about using the top mounted 80 mm fan. If you use both 120 exhausts and 2-3 120's in the front like that case is capable of, then you won't have to worry about 1 80 mm fan not being there.
Even then, is it going to be loud with those 2x120mm in the front? Also it appears you can't get that spindle blower over the motherboard on the 810. Is it even worth anything anyway? There appears to be no port on the motherboard tray for it.
 
NO. I just finished a build for someone else using the STC-T01. I was amazed at how quiet it was.
 
Ristogod said:
STC-T01 is better.
Other than the extra spot for a PSU i don't see the difference. I don't need 2 power supplies and would enjoy the extra 120mm fan instead. I think I'll be getting the 810. I was just worried about noise with it looking to be pretty open.
 
Back
Top