• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Coolermaster Real Power 550

do not buy this psu. i have it on a moderate size build and it doesnt hold up. i get random shutdowns, hangs at the xp splash screen, wont power up, etc. check the buyer reviews at newegg, there will prob be the same complaints. i have had it a couple months, these probs drove me nuts until i swapped out the psu and then everything was fine. sunbeamtech 550 nuuo, nvidia sli certified, 12v1=20a, 12v2=18a, active pfc, modular, $75 at performance pc (newegg out).

very truly yours,
politenessman
 
Thank you for your input. I have decided to go with the;
Enermax 600W (Noisetaker 600W (AX Series) EG701AX-VE
Listed in the "A" list of the SLI PSUs...

Just a question, the Coolermaster had a power consumption display. Is there anything similar for Enermax? I had a quick look at their website and they have multifunction panels, but they do not show power consumption (just temperatures and fan controls, which I don't need, as the Thermaltake Xaser case already has this).
 
Ruskin said:
Thank you for your input. I have decided to go with the;
Enermax 600W (Noisetaker 600W (AX Series) EG701AX-VE
Listed in the "A" list of the SLI PSUs...

Just a question, the Coolermaster had a power consumption display. Is there anything similar for Enermax? I had a quick look at their website and they have multifunction panels, but they do not show power consumption (just temperatures and fan controls, which I don't need, as the Thermaltake Xaser case already has this).
No Enermax is in to building very good PSU's, they don't go in for gimmicks like that. ;)
 
the power consumption display supposedly shows how many watts the coolermaster was using. i never saw it go over 180 watts, which if true, meant than when my machine needed more than 180 watts, the psu shut down. some of the newer psu's have lcd panels, like the sintek, but this is a $160 500 watt, single 12v rail psu.its not really a must have feature, and as far as the coolermaster was concerned, not very accurate.


very truly yours,
politenessman
 
If you haven't bought it yet also look at the Seasonic S12 500w or 600w much quieter and more efficent PSU's.
 
The power supply the topic is about is NOT a bad power supply. It's listed in the PSU buyer's guide, and runs my box perfectly fine. The front panel thingie is kinda cheap, in my opinion. I'm not sure if it does anything.

I've ran 5 SCSI drives (4x 10K older 1" models, and my 15K MAU), 3 SATA drives, two PATA drives, a DVD+/-RW (PATA), a 7800GTX, and the rest of my setup off this PSU and it still provided excellent stability at 1.65V (2.6Ghz :))

That's, in my mind, at least, a hell of a drain on a system.

But there are probably better PSUs for cheaper. I'm a very brand loyal person, which is why I went with the Cooler Master PSU.
 
yea its terrific. good luck with that, btw.


very truly yours,
politenessman
 
Back
Top