Coolermaster Jet 7 (Fan Only) + Swiftech MCX462 Heatsink Combo???

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I currently own a Swiftech MCX462 Heatsink and was looking for a good fan to slap on there that is not too loud, but has good cooling performance.

I was looking at the coolermaster jet 7 and was wondering if that was a good way to go? Can anyone tell me if this is a good combo or should I go another route and look for a better fan? if so, which one?

dont really know if you want high CFM you got to deal with hi DB... they just go hand in hand.. onlything i could say... thats super ugly but will be super [H]ard to look at is... get a 120 to 80mm Duct convertor connect it to your heatsink drop a 120mm delta on it that would be SOOO gangster POst Pic's if you DO it!!!!

how about a nice thermaltake smartfan II?
even tho the color is pretty NOT cool IMO, they still perform great

those fans aren't very good, the aero fan at full blast couldn't even hang with my 80mm 22db 29cfm fan, i wouldn't imagine the jets to be that much better than the aero

put a smartfan 2 on my friends swiftech MCX4000 and it preforms quite stellar, on a 2.4C, he idles about 29C on a Abit IC7, which is known to report high temps.

What model Panaflow is the good one to get? How much do they run for? What's the CFM/DB's on those?

Originally posted by bobmanfoo
Alot of people are getting panaflows, seems to move the most air with low db's

Originally posted by baldyguy
What model Panaflow is the good one to get? How much do they run for? What's the CFM/DB's on those?

cost? not sure but probably around 10 bucks. a good one? well it depends on how much noise is acceptable. they make alot of models, different cfm to db ratios, so just see which one will be best for you, you might want to post a new thread about PANAFLO fans so others with more experience/knowledge about the fans could help you

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GO AND THAT IS TO GET A VANTEC TORNADO 92MM.

(Sorry, I'm talking over my 55dB Torando)

Originally posted by baldyguy
I currently own a Swiftech MCX462 Heatsink and was looking for a good fan to slap on there that is not too loud, but has good cooling performance.

I was looking at the coolermaster jet 7 and was wondering if that was a good way to go? Can anyone tell me if this is a good combo or should I go another route and look for a better fan? if so, which one?

the JEt 7 is louder than crap.. i mean really loud.. i hear its cooling isnt bad though

I just installed the new zantec ca7000 ( the big copper beauty) and i love it i can crank it all the way up and i can't hear it!!! not even with the case open!! and it cool beautifully... you will not see much improvement with the prescott but with at pentium c it drop your temps by 10C it is 41 bucks thogh but well worth it the easyest installation and use artic silver 5

Originally posted by daba
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GO AND THAT IS TO GET A VANTEC TORNADO 92MM.

(Sorry, I'm talking over my 55dB Torando)
55db might be too loud for some people, and the jet isn't as loud as the tornado, at max speed its 40 someting decibels, and cools fuck all.

Back