• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Coolermaster hyper212+ overhyped or user error?

oilfieldtrash

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
481
This thing is not living up to the hype. I have it mounted with some artic silver thermal paste with push/pull fan config and it's great at stock speeds and maybe up to 3.0 ghz but that's it. Was all the great reviews a crock? Has anyone else had success with this thing? If so what'd do? I have two 3000 rpm fans I could use but I'm not wanting to use them because of the noise. It's on a i7 920 D0 with fan that came with it and additional 40cfm fan. What about lapping it? Never done that before but if it would help I'd try it if I could get some directions on how to do it.
 
It's not that great of a heatsink. It's the price/performance leader IIRC but you'd be better off with the stock cooler and saving another $20-$30 to get a Mega.
 
It's not that great of a heatsink. It's the price/performance leader IIRC but you'd be better off with the stock cooler and saving another $20-$30 to get a Mega.

I was thinking it wasn't that great but all the reviews pratically have it trading blows with the megahalems.
 
Or spending $5-$10 more on a CoGage TRUE Spirit would be a better option.
Everything I've seen of the 212+ is it's suitable for lower clocks but can't stand the heat that other coolers can.
 
Back
Top