Coolermaster Hyper212 EVO install Q

Swatchie

[H]ard|Gawd
Its been a long time since I have built my own PC, and I just got done building a new one. I went with this HS and am a bit concerned that it is not tightened down enough.

If I grab the top of the heatsink I can move it. I am used to heat sinks not moving at all when installed. Should I be worried about this? I am not powering up the system yet, so hopefully someone will be able to help out.

Thanks !

I have the same HSF and it does move just a little bit, still keeps my CPU nice and cool. If you tightened the screws as far down as they would go then u should be fine. Just double check your system temps and if it’s fine, then I wouldn’t worry about it.

they tend to "swivel" a bit if you push on them. even in the install manual or youtube videos it tells you to "swivel" the hsf after tightening the bolts to evenly spread the thermal compound

Yea, just to add my 2c, I was a little concerned on one build where I was using the 212 and it had some play like that. However, temps seemed to reflect that it was making good contact and it didn't look like the hsf was going anywhere, so like others said - just seems to be how its designed, but not a real issue.

Back