• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CoolerMaster HAF 932 fans

Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
907
Hey everyone, quick question about airflow....

This isn't my HAF, but the fans are similar...

my.php


So, I have replaced ALL of the stock fans with 120mmx38mm 3000 RPM Ultra Kaze Fans

I have 4 on the side window as intake, 2 on the top for outtake, 1 in the front for as intake for the HDs/PSU and 2 sitting on my S1823 HSF in a push pull configuration.

Now, my HSF is currently mounted so that it exhausts air out the back of the case...however would it be beneficial to flip it around, so that it is exhausting out the top since my fans are more powerful?

I also have a dominator ram cooler thing blocking a good portion of the fan on my HS.


Small edit: I'm using this fan controller with a few Y adapters for all the fans, I keep them all on medium-low at all times due to it sounding like a fuckin' jet engine! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995017
 
I would turn it around so it blows out the top, thats how i have mine in my HAF and it works better. (i have tried both)
 
Thanks for the advice, been considering that...

Prolly won't bother with it until I get my lapped Q6600 in. :-D
 
Nice! As soon as i find the sand paper i'm going to lap my e6600. I swear, no hardware stores have the right grit!!!
 
Nice! As soon as i find the sand paper i'm going to lap my e6600. I swear, no hardware stores have the right grit!!!

try autozone, kragen, or pep boys, the auto parts stores usually have 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sand paper, that is where i ended up going.
 
Back
Top