Coolermaster Cosmos S

I think that most e-tailers are just starting to get shipments. It popped up on FrozenCPU today but as a "coming soon" item for $269.95

I like this case for the most part, but for the price I'd almost rather have a Silverstone. That is if I even spend this much on the case for my new rig. Shaving off $150 on a case can get you a good bit of performance elsewhere in a build.

Still tempting though.

I am hoping that Newegg or some other e-tailer will get this and offer MIRs and free shipping to bring the case price down. I want the case but only if the price is worth it.

Agreed.

I've always had a soft spot for NZXT cases as they were the first 2 cases I used in my first 2 builds, including this one.

Now that I'm venturing into the world of OC'ing for the first time, I'd like to open my options alittle bit.

I read a review on x-bit labs that said that this case was aesthetically pleasing, but the cooling that is supplied is inadequte to the least, unless you add more to it.

I'm into aesthetics, but I don't want a mini plutonium plant in my PC room either.

The major thing that caught my eye is the 3 x 120mm slot at the top of the case. They created room to mount fans between the grill and the top of the case thus allowing you to use a push/pull configuration with a thicker sized radiator with minimal impact on the interior space.

Does the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme fits?
I am afraid that it would interfere with the 200mm side fan.

Oh shit. I just ordered it from Newegg and was going to use my Ultra 120 Extreme. How do we know for sure it dosn't fit?

The spec's indicate there is only 145mm of clearance between CPU socket and the door. The TRUE120 is 160mm tall. Also I believe a couple of reviews touched on that limitation.

I wanted this case too and was planning on using a TRUE120. I'm not ordering for a couple weeks yet so we'll see what solutions people come up with. It may be as simple as removing the big door fan.

I to read one other review from a customer who definitely said that cooler would not fit, but went on to say that you can call CoolerMaster to see if they have a fix for it. If you do, let us know

I to read one other review from a customer who definitely said that cooler would not fit, but went on to say that you can call CoolerMaster to see if they have a fix for it. If you do, let us know

I e-mailed them just now, we'll see if they have a response.

Apparently, according to a NCIX customer, Coolermaster is sending out adapters to all Cosmos S owners who have a HSF that is too large for the gap between CPU, and the outer door. Not sure how, or why..but according to the NCIX customer, they are.

I personally prefer the design of the Stacker 830 series, but it's a decent case. A bit pricey though IMO.

I just emailed them about this problem. Worst case I will remove the 200mm side fan.

Hope you get a reply soon. I emailed them yesterday and still waiting for another matter

I just canceled my order with Newegg and purchased a new Lian-Li again. I purchased the LIAN LI PC-A10B. I have always had Lian-Li and been happy but I wanted to try something different. I didn’t want to mess around with modding my new $250 case just to fit a large air cooler. I just sold my whole water cooled gaming system last week so I can rebuild and get air cooled. Not a good start for me.

meh, for that kind of money the rounded molding should be something nicer than plastic.

Apparently, according to a NCIX customer, Coolermaster is sending out adapters to all Cosmos S owners who have a HSF that is too large for the gap between CPU, and the outer door. Not sure how, or why..but according to the NCIX customer, they are.

i read about this on the coolermaster site. everyone who faxes/emails a copy of their invoice for the cosmos s is being shipped a hole to put in the panel. you will know when you get it because when you look in your mailbox you won't see anything. tney have an entire warehouse filled with them waiting to ship. check, you might have yours already.

i read about this on the coolermaster site. everyone who faxes/emails a copy of their invoice for the cosmos s is being shipped a hole to put in the panel. you will know when you get it because when you look in your mailbox you won't see anything. tney have an entire warehouse filled with them waiting to ship.

I lol'd.

Hmm.
I am looking at my case now it seems deep enough to hold it but then again I haven't taken the fan on the panel which is a very nice + over my tj07 into consideration.

Very happy with this case. Owns the crap out of my tj07. Just absolute slaughterin that regard.

With space, roughly the cases have the same dimensions but the inside is a bit different. The cosmos devotes about 1-2 inches for the reservoir option up top, which in my case is a super plus. I really like it. I can now watercool in a way that will not require too much stuff inside, but in a nice snug position made for it.

Hmm.
I am looking at my case now it seems deep enough to hold it but then again I haven't taken the fan on the panel which is a very nice + over my tj07 into consideration.

Very happy with this case. Owns the crap out of my tj07. Just absolute slaughterin that regard.

With space, roughly the cases have the same dimensions but the inside is a bit different. The cosmos devotes about 1-2 inches for the reservoir option up top, which in my case is a super plus. I really like it. I can now watercool in a way that will not require too much stuff inside, but in a nice snug position made for it.

man i hope you put some pics up soon, really would like to see your finished build :)

Messy as hell but I'll post.
I think my case may be a dud since I'm pretty sure that red stripe on the top nose of the case is a light. Mine's not lighting up. I'm just gonna buy instant replacement warranty for the case so they can reinstall it rofl.

In one of the reviews for the case they stated that the red strip is just that, a strip of red, either plastic or painted on plastic, it's not a light. Though would be cool to see someone mod it in...

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

My biggest problem with the Cosmos line is clearance for my Accelero S1. In my current case I have to leave the side panel off due to the fan. I don't want to have to remove the side panel fan as I like the extra air flow. The normal Cosmos has the same issue for me with the VGA duct. I'm looking at gettering a Stacker 830 Evo as my next case, but I have the same worry with those side fans as well.

My biggest problem with the Cosmos line is clearance for my Accelero S1. In my current case I have to leave the side panel off due to the fan. I don't want to have to remove the side panel fan as I like the extra air flow. The normal Cosmos has the same issue for me with the VGA duct. I'm looking at gettering a Stacker 830 Evo as my next case, but I have the same worry with those side fans as well.

Did you try to remove the black plastic thing that says Accerlero S1. Before it didn't fit and then I removed it and now it does.

Your cable management could be a tad better. I will have to get another camera and show you mine. Cables are more tidy and me thinks if you take some time, you can get it lots better. Really like my Cosmos S, with loads of room to upgrade.

I dunno how to cable properly. I want one of those gimmicks that jackets a bunch of cables into 1

Me to McCartney. But I have seen a few pictures of the 1000 case and some S cases as well and they did a good job. With my case I have only one video card and used the cable tidies that came with the case. Wish I could show you pictures but a lady friend just got my camera for her birthday and will pick up another when the one I want is released for sale.

Its doable, but time consuming.

Dear Customer,

The only way it would work is if you removed the fan from the side panel. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Marvin Ruelas
Technical Support
Cooler Master RPBU

Re: TRUE120 + Cosmos S

Eh? COol.
I dont use that thing anyways. It's a brick and a half. I am more worried about how that thing could give someone serious injuries if you threw it at someones head

Back