CoolerMaster CM Stacker 830 & Fan Orientation :(

pseudo22

Weaksauce
So i've just purchased an E6600, Tuniq Tower 120, GeForce 8800 and (4) CM 120mm fans. My original plan was to use 1 intake fan in the front, one as an exhaust in the back and four being exhausts on the side, but reading a bit on [H]|Forum says otherwise...

I do plan to overclock this setup (E66 preferably to < 3.6Ghz) and i'd like to know would be the best way to set the fans up on the side panel, or should I even bother putting them in? Would making a mix of intake and outtakes on the side do more harm than good?

Most Stacker 830 owners like one intake at the top left of the side and one intake at the bottom left of the side, and one exaust at the top right of the side and one exhaust at the bottom right of the case.

So basically the side has two intakeas and two exhaust. Seems like a great balance.

But wouldnt that just cycle the airflow in and out of the case reletively close to each other? and basically just push hot air around in a circle?

i'm a noob, but i like airflow. my stacker has 2-120mm exhausting air over the hdd cages, one exhausting out the top, psu exhausting out the back, another 120mm in the back exhausting, and three on the door for intakes. the 3 intake 120mm fans are running 12v, the rest except for PSU are running 7v. something about all the fans i like. have a vigor gaming monsoon 2 on the opty exhausting out the back.

I have the mobo tray inverted on my Stacker 830, with 1 exhaust fan on top, one intake fan on the side blowing mainly on the video card, and 2 fans on the front sucking air out through a radiator (CPU, GPU and NB are watercooled.) The above setup seems to work allright.

As far as noise goes: the top fan (Yate Loon 28db) isn't audible over other components. The front fans (Scythe S-Flex 28db) are audible at 12v due to the amount of air they push, although I have them on a PushOn/PushOn button switch which allows me to alternate between 12v/7v and at 7v they are basically silent. The side fan (also a Yate Loon 28db) is noisier than any other component at 12v due to its location and so I have it at 7v. The mesh grill doesn't really absorb sound very well.

The case has PLENTY of ventilation, and so I wouldn't kill yourself worrying about fan placement.

Yes, I also have the coolermaster 830 and was thinking of having 1 intake from the front,
4 intake from the side panel and I exhaust at the back not including the power supply which I will be getting in a month or so the Silverstone OP1000 which will take the space of the top fan because it is around 8 to 9 inches long.

Back