• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CoolerMaster Centurion vs. Antec SLK3000-B

SDraconis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
141
After looking around for a good budget case, I came across the Centurion line and Antec's SLK3000-B. Just to let everybody know, I was smart about this and did do my own research before coming here to post. I just wanted to know other's opinions.

Here's the issues I found: The whole Centurion line has definitely got the SLK3000-B beat on looks. If I were to go with the Centurion, it would likely be the Centurion 5 as the other models have the sideways hard drive cage that restricts airflow. Both cases appear to be TAC and thus have the side venting for the CPU and video card. The Antec case also has a door, which I'm not too fond of. However, it would supposedly be quieter since the front vents are all angled down.

The priority for me here is a well-cooled case at a cheap price. My current case is a no-name that I bought in desperation that gets too hot and too loud.

What do you guys think?
 
Both are great cases. I love my Centurion 5. The door on the antecs just annoys me.
 
The door seems to help contain noise from HD's and DVDRW drives whenever burning/reading in my Antec cases. That and it hides any fugly beige drives you might have. :D
 
thats a hard decision, but id get the centurion 5 since it looks very nice, you cant go wrong either way ;)
 
boils down to if you want a door or no door. The choice is yours. I have a cent 5 and a p180. My gaming/lan rig will be in the cent 5 for lightness and mobility and p180 for htpc for quietness.
 
Back
Top