Coolermaster Centurion 5

hvrt

n00b
New here, so be kind. PC is getting a bit old, but gave it a new home in the Coolermaster case recently. Love this case; plain, simple, functional, well filtered with a 120mm fan at the rear. Also like the way the fan controller and internal drive enclosure (in the top 2 bays) matches perfectly.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard.

Seasonic power supply. Very impressed with this - inaudible.

AMD x2 4800+ (overclocked to 2700Mhz and undervolted to 1.28v).

x3 Western Digital SATA 750MB drives in a 2-bay Icydock internal enclosure, This is cooled by its own fan. Mainly have films and music that get shared out over the house. Run Xbox media centre in the lounge. And it'll happily stream a DVD image wirelelsly from the PC.

x2 Seagate PATA 320Mb drives running as a RAID stripe (this is my main C drive).

ATI X1950 Pro graphics. This needs upgrading. But runs HL2 and COD4 fine for me.

Use an Akasa fan controller (you can see it in the 3.5 inch bay) to get the noise right down. Also, the motherboard supports an auto fan speed setting to keep the CPU at a fixed temp. Mine runs at 54degrees. Which is does 24x7 running BOINC.

The pics make the wiring look very messy, which it is to some extent. As all the USB wires and fan leads just sit at the bottom of the case. It was a step up for me just being able to hide the main motherboard power lead behind the motherboard :)

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

I've built so many rigs in that case. I love it, it's like the baby sister to my stacker, haha.

Back