Coolermaster ATCS 840 question

mrwill

Limp Gawd
I read a comment from a user that used this case. He said that there is not enough room behind the motherboard tray to run cable management. Is this true? I rather think the person did not know what they were talking about as it looks like there is plenty of room. Of course looking at pictures is not like seeing it in person.

There's plenty of room. I've owned an ATCS and a Cosmos S and the ATCS is much easier to deal with.

I am happy ATCS 840 user from my newest build and there is plenty of room behind the motherboard. It's a huge case and i'm very happy with it although i'm not looking forward to moving it. If I think of it i'll try to post a picture of my cable management when I get home.

I have a video (scroll to 3:52) showing the amount of room behind the mobo tray. In short, you could fit a lot of wiring runs behind the motherboard tray.

Pictures would be good. I have a desk that has a place for a full tower on the side. The space will be big enough, although the height will only leave about 1 inch above the case to the bottom of the desk's top. I won't have enough room for the box that mounts on the back unless I cut out a square in the back of the desk. What are the dimensions of that box?

Here ya go!

IMG_0511.JPG

Last edited:
Here are some more. Also full build log here.

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

023.jpg

My case has some trouble with it due to my installing noise dampening material. There is space to run the cables, but it gets kinda tight at certain points based on how you run (i.e. motheboard tray bracket)

Thank you. Something I hadn't thought of: If you ever needed to slide the motherboard tray out, you would have to unattach all the wires stuck to it. Actually, I have never had to do that, but it's just a thought.

Yes that's true! However, I'd rather unclick a couple of connectors than remove every component and then the entire motherboard. Instead of using anything adhesive, I got cable clamps and screwed them into empty threaded holes on the back because I move the wires around if/when I add something.

Thank you. Something I hadn't thought of: If you ever needed to slide the motherboard tray out, you would have to unattach all the wires stuck to it. Actually, I have never had to do that, but it's just a thought.

Yeah, I have had to do it multiple times, but oh well life goes on. Honestly the most common reason I would need to remove a board from that case is to switch the CPU Heatsink (or to do major component surgery, i.e. mobo goes bad). Since the backplate has a hole to allow for you to switch heatsink mounting plates, its not an issue.

With that said the Corsair 800D is out and damn if I dont like it just a tad better.....if it had solid side panels. Link Here

Last edited:
Here are some more. Also full build log here.

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

023.jpg

My case has some trouble with it due to my installing noise dampening material. There is space to run the cables, but it gets kinda tight at certain points based on how you run (i.e. motheboard tray bracket)

if it isn't a bother, do you have a pic that shows the nubby looking exhaust port thing, still debating on whether or not to install it

if it isn't a bother, do you have a pic that shows the nubby looking exhaust port thing, still debating on whether or not to install it

I dont have one on me currently. Will try to take one this weekend and upload it. I can tell you its not really worth it unless your GPU is a hoss and the fan is really loud and you need the extra cooling. It has been a total pain in the ass to install it and run cables through. I also had to mod it to allow my wireless card antennas to poke through so I can get signal.

In my case however due to my GPU (4870x2) it allowed me to lower the fan speed in Rivatuner to a almost silent level at idle. Keeps temps around 69 C which is not great, but good enough for me.

Back