Cooler suggestions for horizontal mounting

EndersShadow

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have a somewhat unique need. I have a couple pieces of Home Theater gear (HT Reciever, 5 channel amp, sub amp) I want to throw some large low rpm case fans on top of to help keep them cool. They are all currently enclosed in a entertaiment center that has doors on the front, and louvers on the bottom and the shelves to help with convection. I did NOT install the back piece so they can exhaust air out no problem, but I want to aid them in that. All the pieces are around 19" wide x 19" deep so I can use a large 200+ mm fan to keep them cool.

What I dont know and need help with is figuring out what fan type (ball bearing, fluid dynamic, etc) would work best in this application. I will have the fans mounted horizontally on top the pieces of equipment.

Again I dont need something with a lot of rpm's or even something that has a high cfm rating, just need something to help draw air out and be somewhat inaudible, and preferably it would be black.

I also need suggestions on what to buy so I can plug them in. I know I could buy this adapter but was wondering if somethign else out there was better/cheaper, etc. I would then also also buy this or this so I didn't have a bunch of molex connectors piggybacking off the one molex output, and I could keep the fans mounted closer to where they needed to go.

Any suggestions appreciated.

PS I looked at Notebook coolers, but the problem is most of them are a bit too tall for my use where they either wont fit where I need them, or are more expensive or have too many things I dont want (like LED's).

I have used both Corsair and Thermaltake 200mm fans and both work long and quiet when mounted vertical. Neither one works more than 6 months when mounted horizontally! I had contacted Noctua within the last few weeks and they plan to have a 200mm fan available in early 2015 but that doesn't help you now. Any one of the Coolerguys power units would work well for you, I would choose which ever combo gives you the neatest install.
How about installing the back piece and put a vertically mounted single fan in the top.

How about installing the back piece and put a vertically mounted single fan in the top.

I'd have to chop it up way to much to make it work. I have a bunch of cables routed through there and the install is neat and clean. It would likely suffocate my amp and my AVR (which already has blown 3 HDMI boards)...

Here is kinda what I am working with right now.

This pic does not show the 78 lbs amp that is in the middle section. It was easier to install the amp once I move the rack back a bit. But the middle section has 5 sets of speaker wire and 5 interconnects going to an amp that takes up the whole middle section. If I put the back on, I'd starve the amp and AVR for exhaust and likely blow them both. On top of my AVR there are 2 120mm Antec fans from my P182 currently ghetto wired off a USB cable which hooks into a 2 prong to USB charger. I was hoping for a cleaner quieter install there, and then on top of my 5 channe amp, and the sub amp (also not pictured) that is below the AVR.

Back