• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master V8 CPU Fan

Pyros

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
135
I'm interested in the new Cooler Master V8. Has anyone been able to get one? I can't find them anywhere. If you have one I'd be curious to hear what you think.

Thanks...
 
Seems to be selling in Europe and Canada found via google search

Head over to there forums to find out the release date for the US

That's the only idea I can come up with

One of the mods there has to have inside info about it

It Looks Huge :D
 
they're available in europe but not u.s.a yet... they should be here any day now.

i saw a review online and they said it was good, but one of the 'cons' on their list was the retail price of around $60 :(

if the price was around 30-40 bux then id probably get one to play with but not for 60.
 
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, the price is a bit steep, but the damn V8 matches my all red and black rig (complete accident). It does look huge, but I recently upgraded to an Ultra M998, so space isn't an issue. Actually, come to think of it, the case is what started the freakin color thing...

Anyway, guess I'll just sit tight until it hits the US.
 
It's pretty pricey for what you get. The performance is good, but it's only around the ballpark of the other top coolers like the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, OCZ Vendetta 2, TRUE, Sunbeam CCF, etc. and it's bigger and heavier than those other ones. It does look pretty cool though ;).
 
I heard November for the US market. This is from a CM rep i talked to on their Live support.
 
It's pretty pricey for what you get. The performance is good, but it's only around the ballpark of the other top coolers like the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, OCZ Vendetta 2, TRUE, Sunbeam CCF, etc. and it's bigger and heavier than those other ones. It does look pretty cool though ;).

I don't mind the cost, if I can drop temps another 5-8c. I'd like to try bumping my Q6600 to 3.6GHz. I haven't attempted it with my current TT Mini Typhoon, because the CPU reaches ~69c during stress testing. That's close to the thermal limit of ~71c. I may not get to 3.6GHz on air, but it's worth a shot.

It is huge. My Ultra case is wider than a standard case, though, so I should be okay.

3dGameman has a video review of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BT-GbRBdiQ

Frosty tech also reviewed it:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2314

Unfortunately it doesnt look like a V8.
The real V8 cooler is made by EKL, which is a German manufacturer of heatsinks:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1912

Other great options are the Tuniq Tower, Xigmatec HDT-S1283, Thermalright IFX-14, and the zalman 9700 series.

K-TRON

Thanks for the awesome info. The video review was well done, and the Frostytech results were very helpful. The noise and cooling performance look promising, and I like the backplate. I hate the LGA 775 retention clips. Probably just me, but I always fight with them.

I heard November for the US market. This is from a CM rep i talked to on their Live support.

Lol, I was going to click the chat button last night, but decided Fallout 3 was more important. Thanks for the info. I can wait a month, so I'll take some time to research the other suggested coolers.
 
It's pretty equal to the cost of a true + 2 fans. The weight would concern me though. Maybe use some fishing line to releave some pressure off the mobo.
 
Back
Top