• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 X-flow

Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
2,501
If i were to get the Stacker STC-T01 with the cross-flow fan, would i still be able to fit an 8800 GTX or would it get in the way?
 
Shouldn't be a problem. Have an 8800GTX in a Stacker T01 with the crossflow fan here.
 
Great, thank you! :)

Does the 8800 overlap the crossflow fan or sit up against it. I don't suppose you have any photos of it do you?
 
There's perhaps a quarter of an inch of space between the 8800GTX and the crossflow fan. I had a hard time getting a picture that wasn't blurry since I have cables in the way. But best I can do right now without powering down and moving cables is this blurry image. I had more fun getting the floppy cable out of the way than anything else. :) That's with an A8N32-SLI (running one 8800GTX). That's an EVGA 8800GTX if it matters any. What you see is the edge of the card with the fan cabling. Despite my funky wire management, there's tons of airflow in this case. :D

8800GTX-StackerXFlowSpacing.jpg
 
Wow, thanks a lot man! :)
I am probably going to go for a similar setup to you then, only with a DS3 since i don't really plan on using SLI. Just out of curiosity, what fans do you have mounted in you case? Do you have the 80mm at the top and on the side?
 
You're welcome. Glad it helped.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask about fans. Because of summer temps and running 3 to 4 AMD X2 and Opteron systems 24/7, I replaced the 120mm fans with Vantec temperature varying versions. 2 up front (I got extra 4-n-3 modules), the one in the back, the crossflow fan, the 80mm fan up top and the fan in the PC P&C 510 Turbocool. No 80mm fan running on the side panel.

I don't mind the fan noise and it is quieter than the Antec style cases I had with Panaflo high speed fans running full bore. The case cools the system I use for gaming much better than the TJ07 that sits unstuffed atm. They're beasts but I like the two Stackers I have. Noisy and all. :)
 
Thanks a lot, man.
Is it possible to have two 4-in-3 hdd bays in the front with an 8800 GTX, is that what you have setup right now?
 
Yup. Got two 4n3 modules up front. Only one has any drives it it so I use the other just for the airflow. Both of my Stackers have at least one DVD-RW drive and a floppy drive. One has a CD-RW drive and with that one, I know it'll be harder to get to the removable grill pieces later down the road. :) I think that's my only gripe about these cases is how hard it is to remove them if you've filled up the drive bays. :)
 
Okay, cheers.
Looks like i'll be getting the stacker then with 2 4n3 modules like you.
Thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it. :)
One more question though, the speed regulator thing for the crossflow fan, does that use 1 PCI slot?
 
The regulator assembly will take up a slot. You could probably find another place to mount it though. I just opted not to use it at all so the x-flow fan is running full speed.
 
Oh, that's handy because i'm doubtful whether my motherboard will have any spare PCI slots left with an 8800 in there.

Thank you.
 
Back
Top