• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master Stacker 832 RC-832

rntibbyboy

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
18
d2b8967e1de3dee45f0ec203337c5077.jpg

a732c1274622b549fca48f05c8672868.jpg

CM Stacker 830 has proven to be the leader among all chassis with its streamlined aluminum design, extremely power fulL functionality, and brilliant modularized mechanism to support both ATX/BTX form factors.It's also the world's first SLI certified chassis.

Now, CM Stacker 832, the newer and improved Stacker series not only is equipped with the highly praised features from its predecessor, but also incorporates the support for the new Raptor X technology. In addition, enhanced airflow design and extra support for 230mm EPS powersupply make CM Stacker 832 a must-have every PC Enthusiasts want to lay their hands on. This ground-breaking chassis is designed with value-added functionality, unmatched upgradability, tool-free user friendliness, and the superior thermal management.

Key Features
-Value-added functionality
-Front panel opens to the left or the right for easy access
-Power supply may be installed upwards or downwards for better airflow and neat cable management
-solid construction and streamlined dseign
Unmatchable upgrade ability
-Support up to nine 5.25” drives
-Multi-positioning for the4-in-3 device modules, providing maximum flexibility in the use of space
Tool-free user-friendliness
-Screwless slots
-Exclusive fan frame design provides easy screwless assembly- side-opening design to remove 5.25”shield easily
Superior Airflow
-Accommodates up to 120mm fans
-High ventilation openings on the top and the sides for excellent thermal management



I ordered mine last week arriving this monday and I was wondering does anyone know if this case is a great case? Does it have good air circulation/cooling?
 
It has virtually unmatched air cooling when all available fan mounts are used.
 
I have the regular Stacker 830 and I can't possibly see how you could have a problem with an improved version of it.

I love my 830. I may never buy another case.
 
I have the regular Stacker 830 and I can't possibly see how you could have a problem with an improved version of it.

I love my 830. I may never buy another case.

They are pretty good, but there is still some room for improvement. Mainly, they need to make it easier to remove and install cards without having to remove the motherboard tray, or pull it out slightly.

Other than that, there is little else they could do.

I would LOVE a watercooled version of the CM Stacker 830 similar to those Exos/Lian-Li combo cases.
 
They are pretty good, but there is still some room for improvement. Mainly, they need to make it easier to remove and install cards without having to remove the motherboard tray, or pull it out slightly.

you can do it if you're handy with a screwdriver :)
 
They are pretty good, but there is still some room for improvement. Mainly, they need to make it easier to remove and install cards without having to remove the motherboard tray, or pull it out slightly.

Other than that, there is little else they could do.

I would LOVE a watercooled version of the CM Stacker 830 similar to those Exos/Lian-Li combo cases.

Easier to mess with the cards? I don't seem to have a problem with mine, and I've had to take my video card out far too often. What exactly makes it difficult?
 
Easier to mess with the cards? I don't seem to have a problem with mine, and I've had to take my video card out far too often. What exactly makes it difficult?

Reaching the screws for the expansion card slots is harder on the 830 than it is on the STC-T01 and 810 models.
 
I ordered:
7 Delta 120x25mm Triple Blade High Speed (82.28 CFM @ 2670 RPM, 39.0 dBA)
sidewindercomputers_1934_2752204

1 Corsair Dominator Memory Airflow Fan for 8500 ram
C13-8020-main.jpg

1 Coolermaster CM crossflow fan
directron_1929_823615059

for my CM stacker 832 case
So basically, there will be 1 delta intake, 1 delta rear exhaust, 1 delta top exhaust, 2 left top and left bottom side intake, and 1 CM crossflow fan on the right side panel.

Does anyone know if this will be loud, okay, or 747 loud?
Does anyone else have any other fan configuration recommendation?
 
I ordered:
7 Delta 120x25mm Triple Blade High Speed (82.28 CFM @ 2670 RPM, 39.0 dBA)
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sidewindercomputers_1934_2752204[IMG]
1 Corsair Dominator Memory Airflow Fan for 8500 ram
[IMG]http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/C13-8020-main.jpg[IMG]
1 Coolermaster CM crossflow fan
[IMG]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/directron_1929_823615059[IMG]
for my CM stacker 832 case
So basically, there will be 1 delta intake, 1 delta rear exhaust, 1 delta top exhaust, 2 left top and left bottom side intake, and 1 CM crossflow fan on the right side panel.

Does anyone know if this will be loud, okay, or 747 loud?
Does anyone else have any other fan configuration recommendation?[/QUOTE]
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd say 747 loud - good job asking [b]after[/b] you ordered :rolleyes:
enjoy your jet engine of a computer

what do you have your Zalman 9700 at?
mine is at the lowest setting and I find it a bit too loud for my taste
 
From my own experiences...

That's going to be 747 loud. There's one particular group the stacker isn't really designed for and that's quiet computing enthusiasts. If you like a quiet rig you might look into cases with actual solid panels and some sound dampening.

I've currently got 7 120mm fans running in mine and it's pretty loud.

If I didn't game with sealed headphones it might bother me ;)
 
Now this may sound like a dumb question, but I figured it's worth asking...with the huge vent side panel, is dust a big problem with this case?
 
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd say 747 loud - good job asking after you ordered :rolleyes:
enjoy your jet engine of a computer

what do you have your Zalman 9700 at?
mine is at the lowest setting and I find it a bit too loud for my taste

It's all subjective. I doubt his computer would bother me at all. 100cfm 120mm fans don't bother me. 100CFM 80mm fans would though.

A Zalman CNPS9500 AT doesn't bother me at full volume. I can't hear it over my case fans and video card fans.
 
Now this may sound like a dumb question, but I figured it's worth asking...with the huge vent side panel, is dust a big problem with this case?

It will really depend on the environment. My apartment, for example, has carpets and it seems like I can never get rid of all of the dust in there no matter how much I clean. Naturally, dust finds it's way to the case. Thankfully, it's not so bad as I only have to clean it out quarterly.
 
My Stacker 830 doesn't really get that dusty despite my house being fairly old.
 
you can order the stacker 832 here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119121
and no it doesnt come with the stacker HD rack, you have to purchase it for around 14 dollars i believe

I have to get some really nice headphones

Are you talking about the 4 for 3 drive module? If so they all come with one. Additional drive cages need to be purchased and last time I looked they were $34.00 but included a fairly quiet 120mm fan mounted to the cage complete with fan grill.
 
I hate CM's new designs. This case looks like some freak robot accident; the 810 looks much better.
 
Are you talking about the 4 for 3 drive module? If so they all come with one. Additional drive cages need to be purchased and last time I looked they were $34.00 but included a fairly quiet 120mm fan mounted to the cage complete with fan grill.

im talking about this one but does it come with it?
rc880hbr1_add2.jpg

rc880hbr1_add1.jpg

rc880hbr1_main.jpg
 
im talking about this one but does it come with it?
rc880hbr1_add2.jpg

rc880hbr1_add1.jpg

rc880hbr1_main.jpg

As far as I know they don't come with those. In fact, I've never seen that and don't know what the hell it is. Obviously it's for HDD mounting. I can tell that much in the context of the post.
 
87bd272621bc8dbb4788e9c018c391c3.jpg


This is the best picture I can find of the top of the 832 where that enclosure would reside.
 
The only difference I can really see is the front door. I agree the 830 door does look better.

That's what I mean. I don't really like the grill cut look. I understand it's to allow for more air to circulate, but I don't care for the look. Really a moot point (for me) anyway cause I run mine with the door off most of the time... :p
 
That's what I mean. I don't really like the grill cut look. I understand it's to allow for more air to circulate, but I don't care for the look. Really a moot point (for me) anyway cause I run mine with the door off most of the time... :p

These cases look FAR worse without the door on them.
 
this is a nice case, but I think I'm gonna go back to my P180 and sell this Stacker 830 Evolution off
 
Arrived today
argh i really dont wanna take everything out AGAIN and install into new case..just too much work
DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1256.jpg

DSCN1253.jpg
 
Back
Top