Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

Some nice setups in this thread. I just ordered mine from newegg last night. It should be here in a day or two. My plans are to strip it down to metal and have the chassis powder coated with a fine textured black. I had considered going red with the powder but that seems a little over the top and considering that most of the GOOD mobos won't match. I'm considering an i7 setup with water cooling. I want to go black/red as my theme however that could change.

I have a question about the top little plates that have the eSata/USB,etc connection on it. Are those plates removable? If so I was thinking of removing them and having some new aluminum formed in to the same shape and anodized or powdered red. The reason I want to remove them is that where I live there is alot of dust and that could just become an issue.

Oh, btw, I'm new :)

Ryt Lad's :D

Update, had it sprayed by my next door neighbour with a proper iron/steel paint which he sprayed on using a Compressor, i think she has turned out amazin :p

Got a new LED strip loght and i think the effect it gives is unreal, love it :D

Also got a check-up from wall-e :p

Lave a comment / Question ill try and get back. :D

S7301897.jpg

S7301888.jpg

S7301891.jpg

S7301823.jpg

IMG_0051copy.jpg

:p;):D

Here's my new case so far... I got my Dell Inspiron 531 board in there for now untill I get my new i7 setup.

Mods I'm considering is powder coating the case wrinkle black and maybe some adding some neat UV stuff. We shall see

Oh, and yes the pics suck. iPhone has a crappy camera. I'll find my digicam soon.
3472233614_f33b1aa0bf.jpg

3472233662_c27d4853e6.jpg

3471423923_05a2300925.jpg

Last edited:
***MY 5 YEAR PROJECT FINALLY DONE :D MEET... ABRAXUS!***

***THE DUAL DESKTOP***

***SEE MY SIG FOR DETAILS***

:Luca

Ryt Lad's :D

Update, had it sprayed by my next door neighbour with a proper iron/steel paint which he sprayed on using a Compressor, i think she has turned out amazin :p

Got a new LED strip loght and i think the effect it gives is unreal, love it :D

Also got a check-up from wall-e :p

Lave a comment / Question ill try and get back. :D

S7301897.jpg

S7301888.jpg

S7301891.jpg

S7301823.jpg

IMG_0051copy.jpg

:p;):D

which heatcooler you are using and what fan for your cpu fan :)

It's a ZeroTherm Nirvana NV120, and the fan came with it. They're generally called heatsinks.

Please don't quote tons of pictures. :)

Anyone know any good powder coaters in SoCal? My local powder coater went out of business :( I may consider just painting and getting a texture to put underneath the paint unless I can find a textured paint.

Last edited:
Silet circut is correct ;)

Zerotherm Nivana NV 12, it has great cooling cpu always idle around 30 degrees ;)

@Lancer, isn't your CPU fan fighting your top 120mm fan. They are both trying to pull air from one another, which i'm sure can't translate into good CPU temps.... Other than that nice looking hardware, maybe consider flipping that top 120mm fan

yea bob i ended up changing it around after taking the photo :p temps are pretty nice 39C idle @ 4.1ghz , 55C Load

It's may first post so any sugestion are welcome
My "new" computer configuration the same as in signature
some parts like cpu or psu are from previous config
but Tagan BZ will be soon insalled

p1000787medium.jpg

99914216.jpg

65625002.jpg

31420012.jpg

p1000828medium.jpg

Last edited:
anyone using a fan on the side panel? I tried two different fans and I get this annoying buzz. Pics will come soon

I don't run side fans, but if I did I would instantly cut out the fan grille holes like in the rear/top/front(use round metal fan grills, they're quieter and let more airflow through compared to hex mesh and the like). I'm actually going to fill in the holes on my side panel so it blocks out more sound and might help airflow a lil bit.

Good idea. I may not have high temps in my house but take a look @ my temps w/ 1 fan in bottom front(HDD cage removed), 2 in 5.25" bay, CPU-HSF, then rear fan(wind tunnel ftw). CPU is 44°C after 12.5 hours of Orthos, idles @ 20-23°C. With 57-65% fan the GPU loads @ 50-60°C depending on the game & whether it actually goes to 3d clocks or not, lol. P.s. I successfully flashed my GPU to have a slightly higher core but also to change the fanspeeds.

Hey all, my first post. I was almost ready to second guess my choice in this case. Not anymore, that's for sure. I really like what i have read, yes I read the whole thread, and seen. Being in the middle of my build, money constraints, so far I have my mobo, cpu, and case on the way. Other then that, left overs from my last build.

Now my question, anyone use this case with the AMD 7750 BE? If so what cooler do you recommend/fits? My case will be here by tues, so I will be sharing some photos soon.

i just wanna ask you,the owners of Cooler Master CM 690 ,how do you clean the front case fan?
Is there an option to take it out,without to disassemble the case ?

Which button ? On the front panel all i have is "Reset / Turn On or off"
Can you explain me exactly,please ??

Which button ? On the front panel all i have is "Reset / Turn On or off"
Can you explain me exactly,please ??

BOTTOM - not button...

Just grab the bottom of the front panel (it act like a nice little grab handle) and pull.
You might have to pull a little harder than you think you should at first with a new case, but trust me, you won't break anything. It get's easier after you have done it a few times.

Just reverse the process to put it back on. With the side panels off, you can just squeeze the front panel back into place. Or you can put the back of the case on the floor (with no cables attached) and push down on the front panel to pop it back in.

Ahhh,sorry. Bottom,not button.
I'll try it now. Do i have to plug out the fan cable first ,isn't it ?It's pretty short the cable,so i'm pretty sure i have to do that before,but i better ask people who know.

So,i tried but it's very hard to get it out ,i leave it like it is,and when i wanna clean the front fan,i'll find a solution ( air blower ? )

Would be a good idea if a cover the upper case side? (..dust...)
And what about the left side of the case for a better airflow? ( side vent and side fan )Can i cover them,as well?
I have 2 Noctua NF-S12-1200 ,frontal and back,and i think that should be enough,with a fan controller Zalman ZM-MFC1PLUS.
I do not OC my PC.
I have this configs: Intel 7 920 , GTX 285 PNY , 3 GB DDR3 Corsair Tripple Channel, WD 6400 AAKS ,Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ,Corsair 650 W ,Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer .
Please advice me what's the best for a better airflow. ( up /side/ front/back /down /case fans -exhaust or intake )
I have more 3 Cooler Master 120 mm fans ,but i don't use them at the moment.
Thanks in advance.

In IDLE : hdd 35-36 C
GPU 45-46 C
CPU 42-44 C
Motherboard 37 C
North Bridge 43 C
Are they okay ? I think the CPU is a bit high,in IDLE should stay at 37-38.
Same with the harddrive.

It's hard to say..my cpu idles between 35 and 37...alot of factors come into play with that though.. like what cpu you are using, thermal grease and so on. I would be more concerned about temps under load. I personally have 2 120mm intake fans in the front..1 120mm intake on side..1 120mm exhaust on back..and 2 120mm exhaust on top...lol...may be a little over kill...i should shut down a couple of fans to see if temps change at all..

Grease :Akasa AK 450
Is the grease ( brand ) so important ?
I tried with 1 fan on side - intake and of course in the front and on back,as well,but when i have the one on side,the temps are getting higher. Actually i'm not sure about the fan on side,where exactly should be,because there is 2 options :up and the bottom one.
I tried on the bottom one.
In full load,when i play Crysis,my CPU ( Intel 7 920 ) is about 58-62 -64 C,and the GPU with 60 % in Riva Tuner , about 70 C.
I try now with one more fan on size ( both exhaust )
Would be a better idea to put it on top ?

another consideration would be the heatsink and fan you are using for your cpu..if you are going to install a fan on the side i would set it up as an intake blowing air near your cpu.

I have now 2 fans on size,both exhaust,the rear one exhaust as well,and the front one,intake.
The temperatures are better now,about 37 C my CPU.
But actually you right when you said " if you are going to install a fan on the side i would set it up as an intake blowing air near your cpu "
You mean the top one,on the size ? Can i have on the size 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust ?
Would be a good idea ?
Anyway,they aren't loud,just when i'm playing ,i turn on the speed with the fan controller,but when i'm doing "light" applications,it's pretty quiet.

waseem: I like the dual fans on the graphics card. Where does that fan come from? And have you considered to manage your cables a litte better? I think that would help out with temps a little.

Back