• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master, or stock Intel fan?

Joined
Apr 1, 2003
Messages
718
I just bought a new boxed cpu, 2.4ghz, my last one was a barebones 1.7 so I had bought a seperate heatsink/fan unit, this Cooler Master one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-103-128&catalog=62&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

I was wonderin if anyone had any advice weather to use the Cooler Master one I have, or the stock Intel one that came with the cpu, I could use grease on the cooler master one where as the intel one has that little heat pad, the fan on the cooler master one is also bigger. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
 
I highly doubt the CM heatsink will be better than the stock heatsink. If you wan a good overclocking heatsink, go with either Zalman or Thermalright.
 
Thanks for the reply, ill just go with the stock unit, if anything I could just swap it out later anyways. Thanks again.
 
That's a replacement P4 heatsink and at best equal to Intel stock fan.

If you don't plan to spend $20+, I would keep the stock fan.
 
Back
Top