Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem the review crew at LanOC has a bit of mixed feelings about the Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S RGB mechanical keyboard they just reviewed. The full RGB lighting and clean layout were pluses while a bit of stabilizer rattle was listed as a negative.

A lot of the features of the Pro L are the same on the smaller S but there are a few differences. So today I’m going to take a look at the Masterkeys pro S and show you guys what is different. This won’t be as in depth of a review as the original, but if you check out our original review HERE and then check this out you should have a good idea of what the new Masterkeys Pro’s are all about and if they are for you.

No media controls on either the S or L, yawn. Waste.
At least it doesnt have to look like that first picture lol.

No media controls on either the S or L, yawn. Waste.
At least it doesnt have to look like that first picture lol.

Uh excuse me?
Did you read the review?
Both keyboards have media keys.
They are on the FN layer.

Uh excuse me?
Did you read the review?
Both keyboards have media keys.
They are on the FN layer.
I am after a rolly volume control and instant press keys.
The point of the keys is to make the operation simple, convenience.
I cant quickly lean over and press fn + specific key with one hand and guarantee success.

I am after a rolly volume control and instant press keys.
The point of the keys is to make the operation simple, convenience.
I cant quickly lean over and press fn + specific key with one hand and guarantee success.

Then why would you buy this, a keyboard that's designed to be as small as possible? It's like complaining that an ultrabook doesn't have a numeric pad. They already make what you want elsewhere and this is not it.

Then why would you buy this, a keyboard that's designed to be as small as possible? It's like complaining that an ultrabook doesn't have a numeric pad. They already make what you want elsewhere and this is not it.
I wouldnt so decided to make a comment that keyboard manufacturers might take notice of.
If nothing is said, how can they know the demand for features?
There is plenty of space to fit at least a volume control.

They are too late anyway, I have bought the GSkill KM780.
I really wanted to wait for a generation 2 of this keyboard and find something like the keyboard reviewed to get me by.
Oh well, I'll just have to suck it having a fantastic keyboard :p

Back