Cooler Master M1000

OC-Chronic

Limp Gawd
Paul: Yes, they do design them & specify the parts used & FSP builds them to suit. I didn't make that up & you can google some reviews. =)

I didn't make that up
Yes, you did. Or someone else did. Either way, it's not true. In fact, FSP only makes two of Coolermaster's current products, and they aren't even top of the line. All their best units are manufactured by Enhance using standard designs.

No, I din't make that up & thankx for CALLING ME A LIAR!!!! I read a review of my unit & it was stated that Coolermaster designed it & specified to FSP the parts used. SO AGAIN, CALL MEW A LIAR!!! If I ahve to dig up the weba article, I will jsut to shut you blowhards up.

Feel free to dig it up and post it here. However, that won't change the fact that it's incorrect. You may be talking about the JonnyGURU review of the Silent Pro M1000. However, that review states the design is exclusive to Coolermaster PSUs. That doesn't mean Coolermaster created the design, only that FSP didn't sell it to anyone else.

Nice try but you're reaching & here ya go:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3856/cooler-master-silent-pro-m1000-1000w/4

"....the electronics are manufactured by FSP. Notwithstanding the ODM, the configuration depends on what Cooler Master asks for, and this area shows some decent expenditures."

I have to do more searching but 1 article explicitly stated CoolerMaster designs at least some from the ground up including the Silent Pro M 1000w. So I guess AnandTech, a very well respected site, made it up too, eh?!?! Apology accepted! =P

Hey Zero82z: Are you talking about this JonnyGuru article? I read it too & researched this PSU before I bought it.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=166

& I quote directly from the article:

....AHA! Finally, the markings on the side of the transformer give away the OEM - FSP. I'm, uh, surprised... I was starting to think the only thing FSP was good for was mediocre Epsilons and underwhelming Everests. True, this unit is still group regulated, but from the scope shots it looks like they're finally starting to get their act together. Pleased, I am. Good to see, this is. Sigh... boot to the head again is needed. Ouch. And one for Jenny and the wimp.

That said, when we talked to Coolermaster about the OEM, we found out quick that this was not an actual FSP design, but a Coolermaster original. FSP only built it for them. "......

You've been schooled by OC-Chronic & you should do some googling before telling someone they're making it up, SON!!! You're dismissed.

Nice try but you're reaching & here ya go:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3856/cooler-master-silent-pro-m1000-1000w/4

"....the electronics are manufactured by FSP. Notwithstanding the ODM, the configuration depends on what Cooler Master asks for, and this area shows some decent expenditures."

I have to do more searching but 1 article explicitly stated CoolerMaster designs at least some from the ground up including the Silent Pro M 1000w. So I guess AnandTech, a very well respected site, made it up too, eh?!?! Apology accepted! =P
If I walk into a car dealership and buy a car with a certain set of options, does that mean I designed the car? No. Coolermaster also did not design this PSU. They just went to FSP, said "this is what we want," and they were provided a product that was designed by FSP but met the criteria Coolermaster was asking for.
Hey Zero82z: Are you talking about this JonnyGuru article? I read it too & researched this PSU before I bought it.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=166

& I quote directly from the article:

....AHA! Finally, the markings on the side of the transformer give away the OEM - FSP. I'm, uh, surprised... I was starting to think the only thing FSP was good for was mediocre Epsilons and underwhelming Everests. True, this unit is still group regulated, but from the scope shots it looks like they're finally starting to get their act together. Pleased, I am. Good to see, this is. Sigh... boot to the head again is needed. Ouch. And one for Jenny and the wimp.

That said, when we talked to Coolermaster about the OEM, we found out quick that this was not an actual FSP design, but a Coolermaster original. FSP only built it for them. "......

You've been schooled by OC-Chronic & you should do some googling before telling someone they're making it up, SON!!! You're dismissed.
You're misinterpreting the article.

This is the warning I will give, either the thread becomes civil or the mods/admins will be dismissing people. Understood?

sure. I do understand...I just don't like being told I made somthing up & when I say: I didn't make it up", It's not an invitation to paint me as if I did & I'll probably get a little wordy with people & point their mistake out. I don't feel I owe any pleasantries after being acused of lying about hardware. Sorry if I overstepped the forum rules but I don't regret my rebuttal, in any way.

Finally, let me quote more specifically:

.... "not an actual FSP design, but a Coolermaster original. "....

I guess I, JonnyGuru & Anandtech are ALL "making it up" then & quotes from reputable hardware review sites mean nothing, I guess. Have it your way, buddy. I give upi trying to point anything out since no-one wants to believe me or give me some credit for kowing what I'm talking about. Thanx. =)

You're basing your entire argument on a single quote from a review that happens to be incorrect. I don't understand why you're being so hostile about it.

Well, if you read the article, you would know that they called up CoolerMaster & enquired & found out it is NOT an FSP design but a CoolerMaster original. So , yeah I do know how these things work & you won't admit I';m right so, whatever. I'm not being hostile about it at all. Also, Anandtech, in their article mentioned that coolermaster specified the build, again NOT FSP. So, who is clueless here? NOT ME!!!! So, again, tell me where the quote is wrong since you know more than JonnyGuru & Anandtech. Go ahead, tell me where I'm wrong or give it up. That's all. That's it & I'm through with this pointless pissing contest. You insulted me wrongly & without any proof, acused me of making it up & now that I quote directly, form 2 reputable hardware review sites, you won't admit you're wrong. Sorry, but you are wrong & you know it. =) What else is there to say?

Well, if you read the article, you would know that they called up CoolerMaster & enquired & found out it is NOT an FSP design but a CoolerMaster original.
Coolermaster lied about it. Just like Corsair lied when they claimed the AX1200 was an in-house design when it was in fact designed by Flextronics. Companies lie about all kinds of things. It's called marketing.

I guess you were there in the design room then.....& also there when JonnyGuru made the call to CollerMaster & TEHY ALL MADE IT UP TOO!!! Ok, buddy. Big 'L' for you, pal.

In more condensed terms, the JonnyGuru article & the Anandtech review described the PSU in question as a CoolerMaster designed, ganged regulated unit that had a single 80amp 12v rail which gave adequate but not outstanding performance with a voltage sag within spec, once you get close to capacity. The upside of the review stated 80+ efficiency was retained, all the way across the watt range & down to 10%(100w), which is exceptional, compared to other high-end 1000w+ units. Also, the quality of the DC voltage was excellent with very low ripple/noise & finally, both reviews commented on the overall good quality build & the parts used.

Avg, 50 bucks cheaper than most quality 1000w units, 5 year warranty & cutom design with beefy, good quality parts. My original point being, this PSU is probably under-rated by most & a bargain when you can find them. Maybe you disagree.

Back