Cooler Master Hyper Z600

Xeanor

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
146
Introduced yesterday. Seems like a very, very good competitor for the TRUE.

Got some reviews so far:

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2273
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolermaster_hyperz600/

It's damn heavy, but it can work pretty well passively if you have 1-2 casefans close to the CPU. Besides that, the performance seems to be awesome with a fan attached.

I'm pretty damn interested in this thing. It gets a very nice price too. (44$ without fan(s))

Looking forward to more reviews/experiences of this.

edit: more review, it's in dutch but it's got nice pictures, besides that the temperatures graph is multi-language :p http://www.bouweenpc.nl/review/107
 
I just installed it today. It's cooled by a Noctua P12 fan. I can't use sandwich cooling because there is not enough space left between the rear exhaust fan and the cooler itself.

To make things short:
This thing is huge. It is heavy.
Installation is not easy. First you have to apply the thermal paste, than you have to install two brackets on the cooler, right after this step you secure the screws just on the brackets. Now grab your mainboard, turn it around, install the backplate, lift your whole mainboard above the downside-up Z600 and secure the bracket screws with the backplate.

The fan clips are a bit strange.... my left one holds very good, but the one on the right sure don't. But anyways, the fan holds good in place.

Although it is huge, I was suprised how much space was left on my XFX 780i. The Z600 didn't even come close to the massive NB cooler. The only problem you could possibly encounter would be RAM modules with large heatsinks, like the Corsair Dominator or these heatpipe OCZ ones.

About the performance:
It doesn't perform as good as my Noctua NH-U12P. But maybe I've done something wrong with the application of the thermal compound...... temperature with the Z600 is about 1-3°C higher than it was with the Noctua.

Anyways, it sure is an impressive piece of hardware. Imagine two TRUE or two Noctua NH-U12P coolers side by side and you can roughly get an idea about the size of the Z600.


Edit:
Bigbriun has a review of this one: http://www.bigbruin.com/2008/cmsphere_1
 
Nice reply :) From the reviews I can only conclude that the performance seems to be downright awesome for the price.
 
I've got it, it evens fits my Asus P5E with OCZ ReaperX installed, LOL! There's like 0.5mm room between the fins on the ram and the cpu cooler, but it fits...

Running it "passive" but there's 3 120mm fans (all exhaust) around it (cm690)

Idle 31 C, Stressed 45 C. :D (E8200 @ 3.2Ghz @ 1.200V)

Used to be Idle 33 C, Stressed 60 C with the Stock Intel thing. :p

Will posts some pics if anyone wants.
 
Nice setup, looks great. I am surprised about the temperatures, overclocked to 3,2 GHz without a real blowing fan at 45°C stressed sounds really good.
 
Maybe I'm not a good hunter but I can't find this thing anywhere to buy... Suggestions?
 
Back
Top