Cooler Master HAF XB

HardOCP News

[H] News
TechSpot just published a review of the Cooler Master HAF XB "LAN box." If you need a half height, double wide chassis, this might be just what you are looking for.

While the cost of these cases varies significantly, they're all fairly similar in terms of stature in that their tall, rectangular profile resembles most other mid-towers. Mixing things up, Cooler Master's latest mid-size enclosure, the HAF XB, breaks the conventional mold with boxier dimensions -- in fact, the company describes it as a "LAN box".

I'm surprised no reviews for this from HardOCP yet. Its such a fantastic case, had it since December. Removable motherboard tray, hot swappable drives, VERY clean installs that are easy to do. My only complaints are the front grill cant be removed (well not easily) which can be troublesome for dust. And it uses a 2.5" chassis for the extra drives not in the front. Price cannot be beat either!

Pretty cool case; I have the humongous HAF-X and completely love it, so I'd love to see a review on the HAF-XB at some point, [H] willing. I like seeing case manufacturers try new things to mix it up.

I got mine a week after release, paid 99$ for it and I had replaced the Corsair c-70 that I paid 169$ for, with it. This case is fantastic, I absolutely love it, the air temps are fantastic, and the room inside is actually pretty damn good as well.

Back