• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO

capreppy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2009
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
3,410
For those that have the Cooler Master HAF XB EVO

I've seen people install 140mm fans on the inside, can you install 140mm fans on the outside of the case and a 2x140mm radiator on the inside? I know a Corsair H100i will fit nicely, I've seen pictures of it, but am curious if I can mount a Corsair H110.
 
I had issues putting the 140mm fans between the front cover and frame. What I mean by that is the screw holes will not line up properly and if you try to put the front cover back on the little plastic divider is to thick and it will not lock. You either have to remove that or not use screws. I had a 360 rad in mine and left the screws out and used the 2 140mm in between the cover. Never had and issues. I'm guessing if you can mod it or mount it then you should be able to make it work.
 
Hmm. What about mounting 2x120mm fans on the outside (which we know works) and a 2x140mm RAD mounted on the inside? Will the 2x120mm fans provide enough air for the RAD?
 
If you get some good fans then I don't see why it shouldn't work. Using some cheap ones and it probably wouldn't be good enough to get the air through the rad to cool it decent.
 
Looking to pull all the stock fans and put in Scythe Kama 2 fans (120's up front and 80's in the rear). I'll probably be adding a 200mm fan up top.
 
Wouldn't mind suggestions on some good fans. Noise isn't a HUGE factor, but I also don't want to be listening to jet turbines :)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you. I looked at that case. Obviously similar layout which is what I am looking for. I can't remember why I passed it before. Let me do some more reading on this.
 
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I am going to go with your suggestion versus the HAF XB EVO..
 
The Corsair is a much cleaner layout compared to the Cooler Master. Plus the main factor is everything you are putting in there will fit since it is all from the same company. Just makes more sense and it looks better also. What really hurt the XB was the tiny ssd rack. They could have included a 3.5 mechanical rack in the bottom also. Gave the users a option in the bottom. I used the front for hot swaps only. But have since retired the case and will be also getting the Corsair one.

Please post some pictures of the build and information. That way we can get updated on what to expect and the outcome in the end of your build. Happy building.
 
Definitely. I may build a little sooner than end of Jan. I'm recruiting my buddy to my firm and I get a $5k signing bonus for each and every hire that is paid 30 days after they start (have 5 other people in my recruiting pipeline and all have been shortlisted so may be a banging Jan / Feb).

Looking forward to this build. My sig rig is DIRE need to a maintenance overhaul and this will be the ticket to me getting back to gaming.
 
I have both the Haf XB and the Corsair, i much prefer the Corsair, i wish it had been released sooner.
 
Back
Top