Cooler Master Evo 212 setup

OofC_S7v7N

Gawd
Was wondering if this setup would cause problem temps down the road.

Haven't noticed anything yet, but noticed its pulling hot air instead of fresh cool air!

that's the worse possible setup for a hyper212 with any aftermarket cooled GPU.. you will be pulling most of the hot air from the GPU and warming the heatsink instead of dissipate the CPU heat.. so in heavy use for long periods you will see potentially higher temperatures in the CPU... specially if you aren't using a second fan in the cooler..

Yeah I tend to agree. The best way I ran mine was going vertical taking in the intake air from the front of the case and exhausting it out the back. I also bought a 2nd Hyper fan for push/pull and picked up an extra 2C of cooling on my overclock under OCCT. Its $12 shipped on Newegg right now if youre interested. Not a necessary upgrade but if youre going for maximum overclocking and cooling, every little bit helps.

I played BF4, the most graphic intensive game i play, for about 4-5 hours yesterday.

Core temp didnt report over 40 degrees Celsius for the max temp!

But obviously like you said its definitely not good having hot air blow over the heatsink!

Why not just rotate it 90 degrees, it looks like it should clear your memory? Also is that rear fan exhausting, if so you might not be able to fit a second fan on it, but will get the benefits of that as well.

I haven't tried rotating it yet.

Core temp still has not gone above 30C yet!

Have seen that there might be thermal reading problems with the amd FX series cpu.

Obviously thought it wont help with longevity!

I do love it thought first heatsink i have used in years.

Been using AIO watercoolers and I very pleased with the quiet performance it gives!

Your temps aren't reading properly. Running the same cooler, but on a 4690k, BF4 pushes me around 44C. Rotate 90 degrees so exhaust goes out the back of your case.

It's definitely not optimal, you should flip it around to get better temps. Shouldn't cause any trouble if your not overclocking it, Hyper 212 EVO is a pretty decent cooler.

Back