Cooler master elite 430 mod

asguitarplaya

Limp Gawd
So as mentioned in my other thread I'm modding my case for more cable management and water cooling.
I'm going to be taking out the HDD rack, cutting a new side panel window, cutting a second 120mm fan hole to fit a dual 120mm fan rad. Cutting a hole behind the PSU for cable management.
Probably going to do some more, but this is my first case mod and would take any tips or advice before I tackle this bad boy.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/3547.html

This is a mod that I'm going off of but I'm going to be doing more to my case.

Here's what I posted over on your other thread just now, since it looks like you've started a new one looking for detailed tips:

Are your side panels reversible?

As in can you remove both and put the windowed one on the backside?

Most cases are capable of this - and it would allow you to build it up with proper clearance and perhaps later either order a new windowed side panel for the other side or cut your own....

That said, if you are ready to cut the panel a Dremel will work fine if you have decent cutting discs.

Chase the cuts with a file to clean them up - and if you want you can get some split tubing to line the inside edge so that cables don't get damaged (or fingers get cut!).

My panels are reversible, I'm going to reverse them and extend the plastic out with spacers to give it some room for cables.
And thanks for the tips on the cutting!! Will be my first time cutting so I hear I should keep a box of band aids next to me lol

Definitely investing into edge lining so I don't get cut later down the road if I wanna mess with my case again.

Here's what I posted over on your other thread just now, since it looks like you've started a new one looking for detailed tips:

Are your side panels reversible?

As in can you remove both and put the windowed one on the backside?

Most cases are capable of this - and it would allow you to build it up with proper clearance and perhaps later either order a new windowed side panel for the other side or cut your own....

That said, if you are ready to cut the panel a Dremel will work fine if you have decent cutting discs.

Chase the cuts with a file to clean them up - and if you want you can get some split tubing to line the inside edge so that cables don't get damaged (or fingers get cut!).

Started my mod today.
Will have pictures up soon.
The HDD rack is out. New side panel cut out and holes cut for better cable management.
So far so good!!

Back