Cooler Master Cool Drive 4 - $12.99 + Shipping

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
On clearance sale now at www.svc.com

They look to only have the black ones left. This is a pretty sweet deal since they are normally $50.

... except it isn't the same type of product the OP mentioned.

This thread is about a Hard Drive cooler, not a fan controller.

anyway, thanks for the link. I've been meaning to pick up one of these for my next build.

its actually both. Which is why i am thinking of buying one .. :)

**edit** ordered 2 actaully, 8 bucsk to ship one, 9 bucks to ship to; so got a friend to go in with me. w00t

ordered, Beats the $40 one I just bought on newegg, hope I can cancel still =\

Got mine today, very very sweet. It is a nice looking black.
Quality product, one fan on the inside, with 4 other hook ups. I just needed the mounting 5 ¼ bay, but this is a steal

Thanks for the post, might grab a few more

is the Cooler Master Cool Drive 4 just a fan controller, or does it also have fans of its own, the description is not clear. thanks :)

GameDad said:
is the Cooler Master Cool Drive 4 just a fan controller, or does it also have fans of its own, the description is not clear. thanks :)

both, if you would read my post =P

it has one fan on it, and I think thats all this rig needs the way its setup

It has one little 40mm or so internal fan, and supports 3 others (up to 18w or something). Its pretty useful, I got one at this price or less a month or so ago. Very sturdy build and whatnot. I just hate how the knob kinda spins and spins and spins...you can turn it as much as you want clockwise or counter clockwise without it reaching a "max" or "min"...so you basically have to know your fans RPMs/percieved noise levels to determine where they are in terms of how much juice they are putting out.

Also, you can disconnect the internal HDD fan and attach a regular one instead if you want, so it can control 4 external fans instead....very attractive too.

thinking about ordering one.. how do you actually connect the fans onto the controller? 2pin/3pin, molex, or just bare leads?

Back