• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cooler Master CM690 owners enter here:

djohn3853

n00b
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
28
I just got my CM690. I don't have all my components yet, so I haven't really done much of
anything with the case yet. But I do have a couple of first impressions and a question or 2.

My first impression was when I saw the box and thought,'Wow thats huge'. After taking the
case out of the box, it doesn't seem quite so huge, but its still a good 2" longer, front to
back than my Antec SLK3700AMB. Width and height are about the same.

Next, I started to take off one of the sides and the little thumb screw came out and fell to the
floor. On my Antec they are captured, and now I realize I like that feature. Its minor, I
know, but i'm just giving my first impressions.

The plastic slide out trays for the hdd feel flimsy but you don't have to use screws to hold
the hd in so that looks kind of cool.

As to cooling, I do plan to oc my E8400 (which I haven't bought yet) and I've picked out
the Xigmatek 1283. Does everyone have enough cooling with the 3 supplied fans or have
you had to add more?

Anyway, just like to hear from other owners of the CM690.
 
It's a very nice case that made a few sacrifices to keep the price down. Cooling is very good. I don't see you needing more fans unless you just want an excuse to buy more toys. The HDD trays are actually very sturday with a disk installed.
 
Might be helpful as well to post that question over in the gallery thread here

I use the 2 stock CM fans to vent air out the top. I've got 3 Scythe 120's blowing air in, 2 Rosewill fans (White LED as I'm sick of the blue in cases)--- One blowing in the front over the HDD's, one in the bottom blowing up to hit my GTX 285.

Case temps are in the mid 30's most of the time. Just make sure your cable management is good to allow the air flow. I would say it depends on how cool you want everything as the stock CM fans only reach about 1130RPM (Max according to my Scythe K02 controller)--- so you may want faster fans.
 
I don't have one but my brother does. I have a Centurion 5 and wish I spent a bit more to get the CM690. The CM690 is bigger and has better airflow. It has 3 120mm fans which keeps everything cool. You can even add more fans (I think the case can mount 7 fans total). The plastic HDD trays are a bit flimsy when empty though (my brother cracked one when trying to remove one). When I was helping my brother build his computer we didn't realize that the screws for the motherboard were screwed into the case instead in a bag. Took us awhile to figure this out, stupid us :p
 
i did the same thing with the mobo tray screws.. lol they should really mention it somewhere

the cm690 is still my favorite case it could handle anything i threw at it and was very sturdy
 
The only reason I knew about the mobo screws was because I read it in a post somewhere. Probably would have overlooked them too.
 
Back
Top