Cooler Master CM 690 Mid Tower Case $10 + S/H AR @ ZZF

Price went up to $76.99 out the door and then the $30 MIR to make it $46.99. Deal is dead.

I've seen ZZF do this a lot. Offer an item at an absurdly low price for a short time to get the word out on the deal forums and then quickly increase the price to catch the unwary who may just read the deal msg title e.g. A modern form of the old "bait and switch".

Yeah, and I was going to buy one today to replace my aging Antec SOHOII Performance Aluminum case. :p

Well, the price has dropped to $69.99 and then the $30 MIR so it's dropping in price. lol

LOL Price dropped again!!! 73.99 --> 69.99-->59.00--> now at $49!! WOOT!!

I'm in for one $30 AR shipped. Not too bad. Glad I waited a few more hours to order

i received mine today, wasn't scheduled to be delivered until thurs, what a surprise =D, i removed the stock cable management and went my own route, will post pictures later. I'm extremely happy w/ this case.

just received it today. it's a sweet looking and very light case:D

I said i'd post a pic so here it is:

e2160 @ 3.0 Ghz (340 fsb1.3v, 20 sec super pi 1m)
ga-965p-ds3 (seems to fsb wall around 354 =()
adata 2gb pc6400 kit @ 4-4-4-12 850 mhz (6121 MB/s in sandra, capable of 1050mhz at 5-5-5-15)
CM 600 watt psu
gefore 7300le (until i decide to buy a real card)
7200.10 320gb
old ide 80gb 7200 drive and dvdrw
westy 22"

I said i'd post a pic so here it is:

e2160 @ 3.0 Ghz (340 fsb1.3v, 20 sec super pi 1m)
ga-965p-ds3 (seems to fsb wall around 354 =()
adata 2gb pc6400 kit @ 4-4-4-12 850 mhz (6121 MB/s in sandra, capable of 1050mhz at 5-5-5-15)
CM 600 watt psu
gefore 7300le (until i decide to buy a real card)
7200.10 320gb
old ide 80gb 7200 drive and dvdrw
westy 22"

That's a nice looking build. I got two comments:

1. Check out the newegg open box cpu coolers (as mentioned elsewhere in this forum) and you can get yourself an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 for under $20 delivered. Very decent results and easy to use. Tough to beat at the price.

2. Next, well, I'm just gonna give you mental mod-cancer (g) Wouldn't that build look just a little better with the mb aux 12v cable running UNDER the mb? Sure, you didn't think of it when you installed. But, it's sitting there. Running right accross the mb. damn. Well, never mind. Just don't think about it...

That's a nice looking build. I got two comments:

1. Check out the newegg open box cpu coolers (as mentioned elsewhere in this forum) and you can get yourself an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 for under $20 delivered. Very decent results and easy to use. Tough to beat at the price.

2. Next, well, I'm just gonna give you mental mod-cancer (g) Wouldn't that build look just a little better with the mb aux 12v cable running UNDER the mb? Sure, you didn't think of it when you installed. But, it's sitting there. Running right accross the mb. damn. Well, never mind. Just don't think about it...

1) i've lapped my cpu (made a huge diff btw) and at 3.0ghz it idles ~33c and loads ~52c. I am more than happy at 3.0ghz, my mb fsb walls around 3.25ghz anyways, i will not benefit from a better cpu cooler on this setup.

2) I need an extension for the 4 pin 12v cable as it was just not long enough to reach under the motherboard and through the top like i did the other cables. Its not like the power cable is uninsulated, don't worry so much about it.

ZZF Sux! their shipping is garbage, I've been spoiled by the egg! 1 day from NJ.... instead of 5 days with ZZF.

I got mine yesterday, I was impressed with it very much so that I am considering buying 2 more and transplanting 2 of my other systems into them.

It's huge for a mid tower tho, wow.

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03770.jpg
yes thats a spray painted (silver with pearl & flat black) beige drive from the early 00s

Yes yes I know the "damned" 12 volt cable I noticed I had forgotten it after i got everything else wired. but o well its a server.
I have to finish up today and add the other hard drives, but I will post pics of the finished system in the 690 thread once I get it all setup.

Wow, I'm digging the cable management capability behind the mobo tray! I might have to jump on this to replace a couple-of-years-old Antec 2-ton case lol. :p

something I need to point out is that this case as great as it is doesn't IDE hard drives and it seems you have to use the use the hard drive rails they give you. but this problem isnt anything a pair of pliers couldnt fix.

Someone from CoolerMaster said that if you plug in the cables before locking in the HD tray it should work fine. I haven't managed to test that yet, but apparently you're supposed to insert the drive most of the way, plug in both cables, then push it in the rest. Not very practical but whatever. Another option is to file/cut/bend the outer edges to allow the cables to be installed normally. It's really not that big a deal.

Someone from CoolerMaster said that if you plug in the cables before locking in the HD tray it should work fine. I haven't managed to test that yet, but apparently you're supposed to insert the drive most of the way, plug in both cables, then push it in the rest. Not very practical but whatever. Another option is to file/cut/bend the outer edges to allow the cables to be installed normally. It's really not that big a deal.

Tried plugging it in before locking it in and that didn't work so I bent the side that was conflicting with the drive..nothing major and yes my drive was a Western Digital. other than that its a great case.

so I got my case and I was about to fill out the rebate form and now its gone :mad: does anyone else have it ? I bought it when the rebate was around. someone please post it for me . Someone here has to have it :(

So I recieved my case today. Very nice btw, but I am a little confused. All I got was the bare cm 690 box. I did not get an invoice/packing slip or anything else. What do I send in for the rebate as my receipt? Will printing out my order be enough to satisfy the rebate hounds? They seem very picky most of the time.

So I recieved my case today. Very nice btw, but I am a little confused. All I got was the bare cm 690 box. I did not get an invoice/packing slip or anything else. What do I send in for the rebate as my receipt? Will printing out my order be enough to satisfy the rebate hounds? They seem very picky most of the time.

Go to your account at ZZF into order status/tracking and click on the order number. This will bring up your order for the rebate receipt.

sweet deal, I picked up on this before the price jump. Just need to find more of those tiny screws for the case fans, anyone have suggestions? I'm using 2 screws per fan right now.

Back