Cooler Master Centurion 590

Zardoz

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I just picked up the new Centurion 590 case at fry's ($67) anyways this is a great update to the Centurion line. it takes some features from the CM-690 and CM stacker 810 and puts it in a Centurion sized case.

it's more of what I wanted the Centurion to be before. With all 5.25 bays, 120mm fan front and back. and imo a much better design.

I should have some pictures of my new build soon for now here is the stock site.

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=3927

YAY COMPUTER P0RN

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Yeah, I love this case as well. Very roomy and lots of options for expansion. My only gripe would be the damn hard drive cage, which was frustrating as hell to deal with. Other than that, a solid case from Coolermaster.

yeah a little hassle, but then your drives are mounted on rubber mounts and much less noise...

Yeah, those rubber mounts aren't a problem, they're a blessing.

Would have helped to have little ledges inside the cage (like in other HD cages) that help support the hard drive while you're installing it.

Hey guys...i am looking to get this case as well for my build.

Just wanted to ask if you think this will fit the Thermaltake Ultra-120 extreme and 9800GTX nicely?

Also how many case fans does it come with? are they quiet?

thanks

Also how many case fans does it come with?

Well I can answer that for you - 2.
Are they quiet? Probably not; are *any* stock case fans quiet? Not usually. :p :D
(Then again your definition of quiet might be different than mine...)

The 120mm fans CM includes with their cases sound pretty quiet to me. I've got two of them running in my case along with a bunch of other fans of various sizes, and aside from a low whoosh the PC is pretty much silent.

I have a 120mm fan from a Centuion 5, and it's definitely quiet. Whether it moves a lot of air or not, that's arguable.

The 590 looks nice, it just has a few things that are keeping me from buying it :( I don't really like the tons extra ventalation/fan placements on the sides, but I guess it's easy enough to live with.

the 590 is a quiet case, but after installing a zalman cpu fan for my quad core I noticed that the sound quality was annoying. I drove to lowes tonight and picked up some 3/8 in plexi, had it cut to fit the inside top panel so that I could cover the fan holes. (i'm still using 3 120mm fans 2x front 1x rear) I also got a second piece 12x14 and mounted it to the side panel with hopes of cutting some of the metal out this weekend. lowered my sound problem about 60%. I recommend this method to anyone looking to quiet their 590. cost was 14.00 for the plexi, 2 bucks for screws

Hey guys...i am looking to get this case as well for my build.

Just wanted to ask if you think this will fit the Thermaltake Ultra-120 extreme and 9800GTX nicely?

Also how many case fans does it come with? are they quiet?

thanks

yes both will fit fine I have a TRUE in mine and 2 9600GT's sorry no pics yet soon I hope...

the 590 is a quiet case, but after installing a zalman cpu fan for my quad core I noticed that the sound quality was annoying. I drove to lowes tonight and picked up some 3/8 in plexi, had it cut to fit the inside top panel so that I could cover the fan holes. (i'm still using 3 120mm fans 2x front 1x rear) I also got a second piece 12x14 and mounted it to the side panel with hopes of cutting some of the metal out this weekend. lowered my sound problem about 60%. I recommend this method to anyone looking to quiet their 590. cost was 14.00 for the plexi, 2 bucks for screws

yeah I want to cover the holes to check air flow and see what is better open or closed...

Back